Canoe on roof.. Front tie-off pionts?

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
Bought a canoe today, along with a foam block kit for rack-less cars. It was secure enough for a short trip. Finding a spots for the rear straps to attach was easy-peasy. I immediately spotted 3 or 4 suitable points.

However, the front was another matter: All i could find with my hands was stinking plastic. I knew of the underbody panels, but i really expected to find a metal area to tie to. Since it was a short 7km trip in the city, I used two of the stronger plastic holes with in front pf the front tires. But i'd really prefer to not use that for highways and/or longer trips. The plastic pieces didnt bend or warp after it was all secure, and they looked fine after i took the canoe off..

So, has anyone spotted a weird or PITA spot of metal to use for this? I'm anxious to get that thing out on the water.
Sponsored

Steelman2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic touring
I wouldn't carry anything on the roof. The metal panels are very thin gauge. It may leave a few dents.

OP
OP

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
The canoe is wide enough that it sits on the rails where the OEM rack would go. I did check after i removed it, and saw no marks or deformations. It'll also be sitting on some split pool noodles to spread the load. I did do a test fit before i purchased.

But yes, that was a concern.

Last edited:

Steelman2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic touring
Maybe a tie off in the front that hooks to both fenders and join at one point under the canoe front?