Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Strange question isn’t it? Apparently what happened the other day while I was waiting in my car for a tire repair, I was messing with the Honda hacked head unit. Was trying to install a more stable version of NewPipe. I didn’t have my laptop or usb stick with me. I downloaded an apk which is the latest version for android 4.4 from the head unit from a questionable site. I’ll see if I can post a link later. I try to install it, install failed, then bam! All my lights on the dash come up. Brake system problem, suspension problem, steering problem, p0172, e brake problem, everything. I tried clearing the codes with the view tuner on my car it immediately comes back. Disconnected the battery. Still didn’t remove any of the errors. The only fix I found was factory resetting the ecu and reuploading my tune. I test drove the car, no problem. Did a drive 1hr to my family’s then drove back a few hrs later, no engine codes or errors. Idk 🤷‍♂️ why my car started getting errors
Sponsored

Robdog2232

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic SI,' 17 Dodge Durango R/T, '06 Chevy Avalanche
Country flag
More likely an error in the software download considering the circumstances you described

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
The car is nothing but a computer, so there's no reason it couldn't get malware. That being said, there's little motivation to cultivate malware and no easy deployment for it, so unlikely to be a valid security concern for now.
Sponsored