Bumper sticking out after replacement. [Pictures included]

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I recently had bumper replaced due to a minor accident about a month ago. When I got it back, I notice that the bumper does not seem to be aligned very well. I brought it up to the body shop and they said that unfortunately, the clips don't secure it well enough causing this issue. However, the issue wasn't there before the accident. They offered to glue it down, however they said if I had to ever take bumper off in future, I would have to replace the bumper again because I'd have to rip bumper off due to the glue.

So I declined the glue fix and went to a few other body shops and they all said the same thing. My question is, is there any way to fix this without using glue or epoxy. Not really wanting to replace bumper again, lol.

At first I thought it was a clip that wasn't attached, but doesn't seem to be case when I apply pressure.

I know it's not the most major issue, but it is really killing my OCD, especially since the other side of the bumper doesn't do this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bumper sticking out after replacement. [Pictures included] IMG_4311.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bumper sticking out after replacement. [Pictures included] IMG_4310.JPG

Last edited:

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you are up to it you can try removing the bumper yourself and check if any of the clips are broken or bent and not letting it sit right, that's what is happening with my front bumper at the moment, one of the areas the tab/clip fits into is bent/twisted and keeping it from clipping in fully

I can safely say If you saw my driver side bumper by the side marker you would probably lose it, but seriously, im praying I can fix the poke when I take the bumper off this weekend to install my intercooler...

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you are up to it you can try removing the bumper yourself and check if any of the clips are broken or bent and not letting it sit right, that's what is happening with my front bumper at the moment, one of the areas the tab/clip fits into is bent/twisted and keeping it from clipping in fully

I can safely say If you saw my driver side bumper by the side marker you would probably lose it, but seriously, im praying I can fix the poke when I take the bumper off this weekend to install my intercooler...
I thought about it, but I'm not sure I trust myself not to mess something up, ha. Thanks for the feedback.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Dude, bumper covers are easy to remove.
My front cover stuck out, replaced the brakets and everything is good now.

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Dude, bumper covers are easy to remove.
My front cover stuck out, replaced the brakets and everything is good now.
They look easy as I looked on YouTube, however I cannot find instructions for Si rear bumpers unfortunately. They have every model except the Si, lol.

I wonder if there are the same brackets that you replaced holding the rear bumper cover on.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
They look easy as I looked on YouTube, however I cannot find instructions for Si rear bumpers unfortunately. They have every model except the Si, lol.

I wonder if there are the same brackets that you replaced holding the rear bumper cover on.
2 flat heads, plastic pry tool, and maybe a push pin removal tool... probably a 10mm too

Yep, same bracket attachment as the front
https://www.carid.com/2016-honda-civic-bumpers/replace-rear-bumper-cover-support-2304340864.html

Call a dealership and confirm the correct part # for your car.

I've removed the front cover so many times, it takes less than 5 mins now.

Just go slow and you'll get it

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
2 flat heads, plastic pry tool, and maybe a push pin removal tool... probably a 10mm too

Yep, same bracket attachment as the front
https://www.carid.com/2016-honda-civic-bumpers/replace-rear-bumper-cover-support-2304340864.html

Call a dealership and confirm the correct part # for your car.

I've removed the front cover so many times, it takes less than 5 mins now.

Just go slow and you'll get it
Thanks for your reply! I'm seriously considering trying this now. I just have one more question.

Rear Bumper - 2018 Honda Civic 4 Door SI (HI-PERF TIRES) KA 6MT (hondapartsnow.com)

On the website above, parts 6 and 9 say "bracket", and 10 and 11 which look similar to what you linked say "spacer". Do you perhaps know the difference between those 2 parts or perhaps I should get both. Thanks again for your help!

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for your reply! I'm seriously considering trying this now. I just have one more question.

Rear Bumper - 2018 Honda Civic 4 Door SI (HI-PERF TIRES) KA 6MT (hondapartsnow.com)

On the website above, parts 6 and 9 say "bracket", and 10 and 11 which look similar to what you linked say "spacer". Do you perhaps know the difference between those 2 parts or perhaps I should get both. Thanks again for your help!
It's hard to tell where the "bracket" and "spacer" attch to the car, and where the bumper cover then attaches.

My guess would be the "spacer" because it's long and has multiple clips.

You can always remove the cover and verify for yourself. If you don't want to do the extra work of removing the cover twice, buy both and return the part you don't need.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bumper sticking out after replacement. [Pictures included] ca8981df3f07327598b1e7c7b0e960b4

Honda Civic 10th gen Bumper sticking out after replacement. [Pictures included] 32baa61f525f41d1096653a506fb188d.JPG