First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX, 2018 Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Hello,

Just installed a system in my 2019 Civic Hatch EX. I had a system in a previous car that had an aftermarker headunit with dedicated bass RCA out and no LOC. I have noticed a severe drop off of response for some frequencies on my new system. Songs on previous system without a LOC hit hard on certain notes, new system only hits good on certain frequencies but sounds like I dont have a subwoofer at all on certain notes when the same song on previous system hit hard on those bass notes. I know subwoofers/boxes etc. have different tunings but there is no bass at all on some notes that were heavy on previous system without using LOC.

I am using an Audio Control L2Ci to tap the front left and right speakers. Are there better speaker channels to tap that would give better frequency response for low end? Seems like certain bass-frequencies are rolled off. I have low pass filter set at 85Hz on amp and have adjusted gain on audio control and amp using DMM. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Last edited:

manesag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatch Sport Manual
Country flag
So apparently the front speakers are the best to tap, I personally tapped only the front right speaker for my LOC (not an L2Ci), and it works perfectly. Either way, the rears have the bass filtered too much, so do the fronts

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
Front speakers. either near the grommet in the kick panels going into the door or right behind the stereo. I went behind the stereo and ran my 5 wires down the the dash under the glove box and down passenger side to the LCi2 (left, right and ACC [remote wire for pass-thru])

xTWISTEDWAYZx

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
Your question op is a good one. Ive used both L2ci and now l7ci. The thing i ve noticed is that the factory amp/eq/dsp/omg wtf honda likes to control the eq. Thus never giving you a full signal.

With these loc ive used all 4, 2 front and 2 back. Using the internal summing feature to gain that 3rd channel out of the loc which in return is full or flat whatever.

The trick is to send it to a dsp. Once you can get that dsp correct the sound is ? This is with a premium system in my touring. Im actually working on it now but ever since i set out to add a new amp and sub man its been crazy how dumb honda can be . Well mYbe not dumb but common! lol

You lose a huge bit of quality once you start messing with anything so be ready to pull your hair out or wallet !

xTWISTEDWAYZx

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
Seems like certain bass-frequencies are rolled off.
Yes, you are correct it does and multiple ways too. The front speakers i was told are the best to tap into. They have the fullest range but at certain volumes the system will ramp down the bass to help preserve the factory speakers. So no matter what you do the system still gonna screw with you.

I suppose finding that max volume for your hu, then the loc, then the dsp, and lastly your amps is probably safest bet. Then im still working on what to do beyond that dsp point.

Ive ran it multiple ways and with each along my journey, they have sounded good. But it leaves me wanting more as i know that my system should be sounding even better than it is. This will be my third go with it where i undo it all. Start again and this time i added the dsp.

All i need is a good flat signal to send out of the loc via rca to the dsp. Just one set of rca wires and i can summon which ever channel i want from that one to the other 7 channel outs. I only need two sets out for my amps and thats it.

Im hoping this time the outcome is good enough lol.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Ok. So. If you have the base, non amplified system the best option are the front door speakers. There will still be a bass roll off but the Accubass function is designed to counteract that. You kinda have to set it by ear so watch a video and fiddle accordingly.

If you have the amplified system you grab one door woofer (preferably passenger) and the sub signal. The cars have obnoxious crossover points built into the factory amp where the rear speakers are high passed at like 80hz fronts are 60ish (i dont remember exactly) and the sub is bandpassed between like 28-40hz. It's stupid dumb.

Also make sure all of your speaker polarities are correct, flipping polarity can cause weird phase issues at the woofer making some notes louder and others quieter.
Sponsored