Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
I would like to upgrade my head unit in my civic for the my long drives to visit my family across the states. The stock head unit just looks cheap and I would like to have more options with the radio and videos, Feel free to post your set ups and reviews :headbang:
Sponsored

Tunaaa

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civix lx-p 18
Country flag
I would like to upgrade my head unit in my civic for the my long drives to visit my family across the states. The stock head unit just looks cheap and I would like to have more options with the radio and videos, Feel free to post your set ups and reviews :headbang:
There's already a really big thread on this so I'll just leave this here https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ead-unit-feature-overview-installation.17034/ personally I went with a phoenix automotive 9incher but I do occasionally run into the issue of the volume control on the steering going unresponsive but it goes back to normal in like 3 min, but it does get annoying but not as annoying as having the oem headunit without carplay or anything. Included a few pictures so you can get an idea of what to expect, it really does change the look.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Aftermarket Radio Head Unit 20201115_121149

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Aftermarket Radio Head Unit 20201012_232426

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Aftermarket Radio Head Unit 20201027_151513

Honda Civic 10th gen Best Aftermarket Radio Head Unit 20200921_131040

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I got it in the mail today. I still need to make some little changes here and there, but I'm happy with it so far. It's almost twice as expensive as similar units out there, but you get a better 8 core processor (2 X A75 & 6 X A55) for reference, the PX6 ( 2 X A73 & 4 X A53), and more modern UI. You can choose between 3, 4, or 6 GB RAM and 32, 64, or 128 Gb main storage. It also comes with a fan for absolute peace of mind and a free 1080p rear camera that's miles better than the OEM unit.

I also ordered the dash cam unit. Allows you to record from the front camera onto a micro sd card. Teyes will introduce the option to record footage from the rear camera at a later date.

Last edited:

gooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got it in the mail today. I still need to make some little changes here and there, but I'm happy with it so far. It's almost twice as expensive as similar units out there, but you get a better 8 core processor (2 X A75 & 6 X A55) for reference, the PX6 ( 2 X A73 & 4 X A53), and more modern UI. You can choose between 3, 4, or 6 GB RAM and 32, 64, or 128 Gb main storage. It also comes with a fan for absolute peace of mind and a free 1080p rear camera that's miles better than the OEM unit.

I also ordered the dash cam unit. Allows you to record from the front camera onto a micro sd card. Teyes will introduce the option to record footage from the rear camera at a later date.

Can you post pictures of rear camera and all other features on, please!

Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
Stock - lc7i with aftermarket speakers and your golden

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I've been pondering swapping out my head unit lately too.

I know there's another older thread on here with loads of details, but has there been any newer options come to the market since then?

I'm aiming for something with video out so I can run integrated screens for the kids in the back. I'd also like it to work with the OEM rear camera, AC controls, Steering controls, car settings etc. I'd love a physical volume knob too but that's not a deal-breaker.

I found this one from Joying and I'd love to hear any opinions from those who've fitted it. I have a Joying head unit in my EP3 and it's been great, but the 10th gen is obviously much more complicated.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Aftermarket Radio Head Unit Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 12.20.28 p.m
Sponsored