First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si coupe
Country flag
Hey,
I installed bc racing coilovers on my 2018 civic si one month ago.
From the beginning in the front I always feel on my steering wheel something loose when I'm going over the bumps I can not hear the noise only feel it. I tight everything 3 times nothing loose. The rear is perfect. The car is after alignment.
Any idea please?
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
If something is loose you should hear noise. Since you are not hearing it maybe a placebo. Also check you cv joint just to be sure

OP
OP
Patrik25

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If something is loose you should hear noise. Since you are not hearing it maybe a placebo. Also check you cv joint just to be sure
I don't know if that's the problem but when I was changing left coilover the axle shaft jumped out and I put it back. Is that problem or what you think? And from this time I hear clunking nosie while shifting too

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know if that's the problem but when I was changing left coilover the axle shaft jumped out and I put it back. Is that problem or what you think? And from this time I hear clunking nosie while shifting too
yes, I guess it's damaged. you have to get it replaced as once the shaft boot is not sealing then debris will go in there and damages it and fails prematurely

Also, check if you are hearing the clunk when you just drive from the rest position. if you are getting the noise then it's pretty sure that it's time for replacement

OP
OP
Patrik25

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes, I guess it's damaged. you have to get it replaced as once the shaft boot is not sealing then debris will go in there and damages it and fails prematurely

Also, check if you are hearing the clunk when you just drive from the rest position. if you are getting the noise then it's pretty sure that it's time for replacement
Yes but clunk I hear only in 1st and 2nd while shifting in lower rpm when I have more then 3000 rpm nothing.
And about coilovers
I will try put some vasoline on top the sprong and on the bottom I will see then

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes but clunk I hear only in 1st and 2nd while shifting in lower rpm when I have more then 3000 rpm nothing.
And about coilovers
I will try put some vasoline on top the sprong and on the bottom I will see then
Yes, if the CV boots are damaged in anyway it's gonna fail the joint. The symptoms you told feels like it's wearing out and you need a new part . Don't put Vaseline try some wd40 if you want
Sponsored