Aussie Civic owners

vitusdoom

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017
I don't think anything cosmetic would void your warranty and this would probably include suspension mods (coilovers, springs, wheels/tyres, strut/sway bars). I also think something like a catback exhaust would be harmless. I doubt you could get away with anything else on the engine other than maybe an intake (which most probably more for sound/looks than actual performance since the stock air box is pretty darn good)? Just my 2 cents.
Yep. And my second question comes in. If you are in oz/melbourne whereabouts can i get the mods?

Thanks
Sponsored

AussieRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS
Country flag

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Are you saying e10 will provide better performance/economy than 98oct on a stock turbo civic with no tune?
I cannot say for sure as I never put E10 into my car when it was on a stock tune but it might be worth investigating although YMMV depending on the fuel/ethanol content (the up to 10% claim does not help as anything from 0-10% falls within that).

I have however switched from BP Ultimate RON98 to E10 now on a custom tune and let's just say I am not going to be bothering with RON98 anymore. After I finish with the E10 tune, I will be starting an "E25" blend tune to see if it is as good as advertised using probably E10 and E85.

Btw, how's the FlashPro treating you?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Yep. And my second question comes in. If you are in oz/melbourne whereabouts can i get the mods?

Thanks
Sorry mate, can't help you there as I have done zilch to the car except for a tune. I think anything more than a tune would end up killing the CVT prematurely but that's only my belief. Vit has plans for a custom turbo which should fit into CVT cars as well and can apparently be tuned down to play nice but unless you plan to track/auto-X the car, it's probably overkill, especially for our roads here (am talking about Sydney where I am).

AussieRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS
Country flag
I cannot say for sure as I never put E10 into my car when it was on a stock tune but it might be worth investigating although YMMV depending on the fuel/ethanol content (the up to 10% claim does not help as anything from 0-10% falls within that).

I have however switched from BP Ultimate RON98 to E10 now on a custom tune and let's just say I am not going to be bothering with RON98 anymore. After I finish with the E10 tune, I will be starting an "E25" blend tune to see if it is as good as advertised using probably E10 and E85.

Btw, how's the FlashPro treating you?
I didn't end up purchasing the FlashPro so can't comment on it unfortunately.

vitusdoom

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017
Is it a boat or a house? Just kididng. Me as well. Thats why im looking for mods that wouldnt cost that much?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Is it a boat or a house? Just kididng. Me as well. Thats why im looking for mods that wouldnt cost that much?
Haha, I knew that was coming when I sent off the msg... LOL.

If you want the car to drive better and have a little more go... just buy a KTuner and run one of the Starter tunes and tweak to your liking. A V1 KTuner is USD499 including shipping to OZ (but you will need a notebook or something similar to use it).

If you want a custom tune, I would recommend getting a KTuner + etune combo from VitTuned.com (USD700 shipped). This opens up the door for blending E85 fuel to get you a claimed 230+whp (torque will be limited because of the CVT). I am probably about 80% done with my custom tune running E10 and I have no regrets and am really happy with the way the car drives. Will probably do a retune with an E85 blend after this just because it is that addictive.

The V2 KTuner is nice but is another USD200 and is more of a luxury than anything else.

This flash based tuning will likely affect the engine/tranny warranty but there is nothing else which offers the same bang for your buck. I have taken my car back for normal servicing and simply flash back to stock.

The Flashpro is another alternative although I have not used it and so cannot say much about it. I will say if you want a custom tune, KTuner is the way to go.

Edit: I will also add that fuel economy is largely the same as before. Just did a round trip to Wagga Wagga from Sydney last week and had 6.3 L/100km going there (was a bit more lead footed overtaking) and 5.8 L/100km coming back (when I just left it on the cruise control). Usually net around 7.5 to 8.3 L/100km driving in Sydney depending on traffic.

Last edited:

vitusdoom

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017
Haha, I knew that was coming when I sent off the msg... LOL.

If you want the car to drive better and have a little more go... just buy a KTuner and run one of the Starter tunes and tweak to your liking. A V1 KTuner is USD499 including shipping to OZ (but you will need a notebook or something similar to use it).

If you want a custom tune, I would recommend getting a KTuner + etune combo from VitTuned.com (USD700 shipped). This opens up the door for blending E85 fuel to get you a claimed 230+whp (torque will be limited because of the CVT). I am probably about 80% done with my custom tune running E10 and I have no regrets and am really happy with the way the car drives. Will probably do a retune with an E85 blend after this just because it is that addictive.

The V2 KTuner is nice but is another USD200 and is more of a luxury than anything else.

This flash based tuning will likely affect the engine/tranny warranty but there is nothing else which offers the same bang for your buck. I have taken my car back for normal servicing and simply flash back to stock.

The Flashpro is another alternative although I have not used it and so cannot say much about it. I will say if you want a custom tune, KTuner is the way to go.
Wouldnt those void the warranty? How did you test it out?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Wouldnt those void the warranty? How did you test it out?
Yes, I did mention the warranty bit. It comes with the territory of having a tune. Having said that, there are a lot of cars in the U.S. that have had similar tunes done running for more than 12 months without issue so I take some comfort in that. Plus, I am not driving around like a maniac and flooring it all the time so I don't think I am asking too much of the engine/tranny.

You will know it with your butt dyno. However, to be more scientific, part of the e-tune requires WOT runs and I just did 0-100 runs and compared those. The base tune netted me 7.8s and now it does it in 7.0s flat (with boost-by-gear which limits boost in 1st and 2nd gears). Think an OZ mag did a run after dialing in some revs and had 7.8s launch. It is not going to set your world on fire but the in-gear acceleration for overtaking etc. and overall driveability is so much better than stock and was the sole reason I did it. Plus, I am running E10 now which is so much cheaper than PULP 98, which is a bonus (but will require a custom tune).

firefrog

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP RS Hatch ‘17
Country flag
Howdy! Bit quiet here in the Aus forum but thought I should check in, got my SGP RS Hatch just a few days ago. Definitely seeing more 10th gens around Melbourne lately.

vitusdoom

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017
Howdy! Bit quiet here in the Aus forum but thought I should check in, got my SGP RS Hatch just a few days ago. Definitely seeing more 10th gens around Melbourne lately.
I only saw one RS down at work in geelong :) most ive seen in Melb are the sedans

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I only saw one RS down at work in geelong :) most ive seen in Melb are the sedans
There's a good mix here in Sydney of both sedans and hatches now. I would say the most common variant I have seen is the RS. I would have gotten that if I could get the Honda Sensing on it. My work sometimes requires that I drive long distances and I must say, the LKAS and ACC features make a huge difference for long distance driving and I have no regrets going with the LX (except for the rims which look absolutely horrid).
Sponsored