Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
That's been posted before. It also won't display video when in motion. They don't want to be blamed for your driving into a truck because you were watching something on the display.
a wallpaper..really how dumb..Lol
Sponsored

J4Berg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Agean Blue
Country flag
Went on vacation with 2 Honda engineers we rented a new pilot from Honda and they got into the diagnostic menu but they were able to go through some of the menus and make it so you could type in destinations and access other things while the car was in drive. I'll get in touch with them and see what they did. The one specifically works on the infotainment and apple car play and android auto. I'll see what I can dig up.

MontyMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX T
I've seen people complaining that you can't adjust the sound equalization, balance etc while using any of the non-AM/FM Sources like CarPlay or Bluetooth audio - this isn't true, just hit the Menu key on the left side of the unit while on the Audio page (which will show the CarPlay or Android Auto pages in those modes) and it takes you to the Honda UI's equalizer page. This stuff definitely isn't very well documented for less tech-savvy users, but if you're familiar with how Android works on phones/tablets, you always hit that Menu button in apps to bring up extra options and stuff. It's kind of like right clicking the mouse on a PC. That's the kind of mentality this system requires in general I think.

Thank You, Thank you Thank You!!!!
Monty

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Went on vacation with 2 Honda engineers we rented a new pilot from Honda and they got into the diagnostic menu but they were able to go through some of the menus and make it so you could type in destinations and access other things while the car was in drive. I'll get in touch with them and see what they did. The one specifically works on the infotainment and apple car play and android auto. I'll see what I can dig up.
any update on this?

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
any update on this?
This is already known for the Pilot. You can change it while the car is running, but it forgets it after.

For more details, look at the XDA Dev thread linked earlier in this thread.

krikaoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I have been reading this post to find anything that can help me at my bluetooth Civic Touring 2016 issue.

When I'm at a conversation using the Bluetooth, the audio quality drops with a distortion sound, to correct this problem, every time, I need to transfer the call to the iPhone, and then back to the Multimedia.

The other problem at the Civic Bluetooth regards the WhatsApp voice messages played by the Bluetooth, it usually do not play the sound messages, the sound is cut, and sometimes it plays. This problem does not seem to happen at Android Phones, but before some of you say it is iOS fault, I need to say I have tested this issue at other Civic Touring and the problem didn't occur.

I believe this could be caused by some sort of firmware update, anyone knows anything that could help me solve this?

Last edited:

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
I have been reading this post to find anything that can help me at my Civic Touring 2016 Bluetooth problem. When I'm at a conversation using the Bluetooth, suddenly the Bluetooth audio drops with an annoying sound, to correct this problem, every time, I need to transfer the call to the iPhone, and then back to the Multimedia. The other problem at the Civic Bluetooth regards the WhatsApp messages played by the Bluetooth, it usually do not play the sound messages, the sound is cut, and sometimes it plays. This problem does not seem to happen at Android Phones, but before some of you say it is iOS fault, I need to say I have tested this issue at other Civic Touring and the problem does not occur. I believe could be some sort of firmware update, anyone knows anything that could help me solve this?
My dealer is most competent about s/w f/w updates IF I ask about the issue. No problems since last update (10 months ago).

thelug_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
So...is there a way to configure the audio info screen layout on the 2016 EX-T display? Artist and song title are smashed together on the same line and neither category seems to scroll...but the station name takesbup what seems like 2 or 3 lines on its own. Would love to be able to remove duplicated info as well as rearrange the songbinfo layout.

FYI...i am running the default skin/wallpaper.

Sigh...so much potential just...lost.

frost866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
VOL + and - Swipe are when you quickly swipe across the volume slider, like when you swipe down to mute. Slide is when you just raise and lower volume like normal. I was able to get every one except 4-Way swipe up.

I tried quite a few things last night. I have a Windows tablet with a MicroUSB port, so I tried plugging in that to both USB ports. Used a tool called USBView, it didn't find anything connected as a device. Basically it just looked like a charging plug without data. This makes me think that to work with CarPlay and Android Auto, there's logic in the USB port for switching what mode it is in based on what device it detects. Since it didn't recognize my tablet, it stayed in charging only mode.

Also tried port scanning the device across all TCP ports when connected via WiFi. Only port open was TCP 5000. Interestingly what's on that port is some kind of Apple AirTunes, which is normally used by Apple devices to share music. I wonder if that's part of CarPlay?

Code:
Nmap scan report for android-xxxxxxxxxxxxx (192.168.43.23)

Host is up (0.068s latency).

Not shown: 65534 closed ports

PORT     STATE SERVICE VERSION

5000/tcp open  rtsp    Apple AirTunes rtspd 210.81 (Apple TV)

|_rtsp-methods: ANNOUNCE, SETUP, RECORD, PAUSE, FLUSH, TEARDOWN, OPTIONS, GET_PARAMETER, SET_PARAMETER, POST, GET

MAC Address: D0:5F:B8:XX:XX:XX (Texas Instruments)

Device type: general purpose

Running: Linux 2.6.X|3.X

OS CPE: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel:2.6 cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel:3

OS details: Linux 2.6.32 - 3.5

Uptime guess: 0.024 days (since Sat Dec 05 03:13:49 2015)

Network Distance: 1 hop

TCP Sequence Prediction: Difficulty=259 (Good luck!)

IP ID Sequence Generation: All zeros

Service Info: OS: Mac OS X; Device: media device; CPE: cpe:/o:apple:mac_os_x
Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks Efeszkl

Also, when I tried enabling developer settings, I get a toast for "Please enter a passcord." I don't know if that's a typo or if there's literally a cord that acts as a password.

Finally, I did some research on vulnerabilities in older Android versions. My hope that was by using a bug in the browser, we can get a shell, which would let us turn on ADB or at least install an APK. Once we can get an APK installed, the whole thing can be rooted easily. There's one browser vulnerability that affects <4.2, but I couldn't find anything else except some XSS bugs.

can somebody here tell me how to get to this page on my unit?! Ive been struggling with. i cant find it. any help?!

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FULL VOLUME: I posted this on another thread but if your using a 3rd party app like Waze and want to hear it at full volume along with your music simply plug your phone in and wait for the black car play screen to show on your phone, then immediately hit the home button and go to you third party app and don't lock your phone. (this is for carplay btw)

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
can somebody here tell me how to get to this page on my unit?! Ive been struggling with. i cant find it. any help?!
Excellent use of tools to troubleshoot system. I've been led to believe that AA and AP must use 5-wire USB connectivity between HID and smartphone. Based on your research, I agree that some sort of handshake takes place between smartphone and HID. Question: why does the HID loose connectivity when driving? AA restarts when the USB is unplugged and reseated. I'm using a Note 5 and the most recent Honda firmware. Unless Honda MC puts resources up to fix stuff, the dealer is helpless. What can we do to motivate HMC to fix this stuff?

copperflower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex
Scroll through all of the diagnostic settings areas - I know I saw a setting when I turned OFF Android Auto -as I have IOS. (also I turned off "lock when driving" but left ON "lock when walk away" System has been very stable since.
Is there a way for me to leave my car running and have the doors lock when I walk away from it? If so, how do I set this? Right now, if I walk away with my keys, my car will not lock if the engine is running, even if the keys are with me when I walk away.
Sponsored