Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
Sorry if this has been posted already, but is there any way to add shortcuts to the home screen(s)? It seems fairly useless to have 5 if there's nothing you can add. My husband and I have a moderate in car argument about speaker settings and it would be nice if there were a way to have it right there.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
hes speaking thai. theyre a autobody/audio shop. hes just advertising the ingress mirrorlink hdmi dongle. its a miracast dongle in the thailand market. from the honda menu it does show the hdmi source.
I have a version of that in my car that works very well (AllShareCast). As soon as they figure out how to wire HDMI to the USDM display (which they will, based on Honda's choice of the base OS), we'll start seeing these start to pop up with full application control. Probably 2-3 years...

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
One interesting find today that you can disable android auto -- mine was "on" upon delivery. Turning it off seemed to make the system a bit more responsive. Kind of like stopping services you don't need tend to make a system faster.

image.jpeg
Do you remember the steps to get to this screen?

Thanks

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I have a version of that in my car that works very well (AllShareCast). As soon as they figure out how to wire HDMI to the USDM display (which they will, based on Honda's choice of the base OS), we'll start seeing these start to pop up with full application control. Probably 2-3 years...
Wish it was that easy but it's not possible. The hardware isn't design for it. Closest possible option is tapping into the camera video input wire and run a video interface but it won't be HD. Video will be as blurry as the cameras so it may not be worth it.

fvaleirao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Subaru Forester
Country flag

y thailand Civic have HDMI?!
I forgot to mention we have an HDMI port here in Latin America (I bought my Civic in Panama, made @Indiana, USA). I havent tested it yet, since I dont have Chromecast/AppleTV (already own too many 'smart' devices at home, ps4, 4k LG, etc)

My guess is Honda is adapting the Civic to certain markets where some things are allowed and others arent very clear or legislated. Also adapting to customer cultures, Latam and Asian cultures are very 'show off' sort of Fast and Furious type of mods. I've seen cars here with screen on the headrests of the last row, where, no one, sees, them..... just because.

On the plus side, we have a HDMI, but on the negative side our market (Honda dealers) asked for a car that doesnt have a car with the auto-door lock when you reach 10mph, or the Touring option (Lane keep assist, etc), its a give and take.

Maybe the American/Canadian Civic come with HDMI software support, I wouldnt believe they made a different ROM for each region, that would've been a pain in the ass.

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks WhatsApp-Image-20160511

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks WhatsApp-Image-20160511 (1)

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
On the plus side, we have a HDMI, but on the negative side our market (Honda dealers) asked for a car that doesnt have a car with the auto-door lock when you reach 10mph, or the Touring option (Lane keep assist, etc), its a give and take.
For the auto lock, at least on US models we can enable/disable it with I think a series of locks and unlocks or something (or maybe it was in settings on the headunit). Maybe it comes disabled by default and you can just turn it on?

fvaleirao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I forgot to mention we have an HDMI port here in Latin America (I bought my Civic in Panama, made @Indiana, USA). I havent tested it yet, since I dont have Chromecast/AppleTV (already own too many 'smart' devices at home, ps4, 4k LG, etc)

My guess is Honda is adapting the Civic to certain markets where some things are allowed and others arent very clear or legislated. Also adapting to customer cultures, Latam and Asian cultures are very 'show off' sort of Fast and Furious type of mods. I've seen cars here with screen on the headrests of the last row, where, no one, sees, them..... just because.

Maybe the American/Canadian Civic come with HDMI software support, I wouldnt believe they made a different ROM for each region, that would've been a pain in the ass.

WhatsApp-Image-20160511.jpg

WhatsApp-Image-20160511 (1).jpg

Interesting. I can understand different software but I didn't think they had different hardware as well built here in the US. The codes in the US version seems to check for hdmi. I check the back of the headunit and didn't see a hdmi port but I will double check again to see if it was covered or hidden.

fvaleirao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting. I can understand different software but I didn't think they had different hardware as well built here in the US. The codes in the US version seems to check for hdmi. I check the back of the headunit and didn't see a hdmi port but I will double check again to see if it was covered or hidden.
Maybe they used one of those adapters for USB Mini/HDMI, if the time comes and I need to open my console I'll double check.

In the Screen settings, I have a tab for "VIDEO", but its grayed out, I guess if I plug an HDMI it will activate.

As for US models only, something like this could work? If someone has one laying around could check if it shows something:

Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks 511S4GAu2lL

Uros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
People of Civicx, I am glad I found you.

Five days ago I got the touring and I couldn't be happier (apart from some technicalities I can't seem to figure out).

Specifically, I am trying to figure out if there is a way to change both, the outdoor and indoor temperature units from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

I've been searching the blog for a while and still can't find any concrete answers.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Like many here that have the touring edition, my subwoofer is also messed up. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow so they can fix it.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to change both, the outdoor and indoor temperature units from Fahrenheit to Celsius?
With everything else that's configurable, you'd think this would be. I don't see any way in the OM to do it.

maeby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Is there an option to raise the volume of the navigation voice? I can't seem to find it, and I can barely hear her when music is playing

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
Is there an option to raise the volume of the navigation voice? I can't seem to find it, and I can barely hear her when music is playing
Adjust the volume while she is actually talking.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Settings>Systems>Sound/Beep>Guidance Volume?
Sponsored