Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't find enable other sources to install apps. Any idea how can I find it?
Pretty sure you need to make yourself an admin first, which is also locked down. I don't think anyone is going to find an exploit for any of this on the headunit itself, but rather finding a copy of the Android OS that its running, tweaking it, and uploading it to the car...
Sponsored

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure you need to make yourself an admin first, which is also locked down. I don't think anyone is going to find an exploit for any of this on the headunit itself, but rather finding a copy of the Android OS that its running, tweaking it, and uploading it to the car...
if do so, maybe all the camera will not work properly...

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
too much hassle.

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So the update is when I try to enable developer menu it just says enter a 'passcord'. I assume they are talking about passcode. So anyone know how to bypass that or enter it??

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the update is when I try to enable developer menu it just says enter a 'passcord'. I assume they are talking about passcode. So anyone know how to bypass that or enter it??
We tried this earlier in the thread. Basically, there is no on screen keyboard, and USB or Bluetooth keyboards are not responsive as well.

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black
anyone know how to change the setting for when the volume gradually increases when you accelerate?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Touchscreen System Tips & Tricks upload_2016-4-7_15-34-29

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
i was able to get this. trying to figure it out.
This has been covered earlier, it's called the Factory Diag screen. You can reprogram the EEPROM of... something? Be very careful as editing that can cause a brick.

dana0069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic touring
Country flag
ok, don't condemn me to hell for an eternity for asking this, but....Is there a way to disengage the ' put your hands on the steering wheel ' while on the highway using the LKAS ?
Dana0069

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
ok, don't condemn me to hell for an eternity for asking this, but....Is there a way to disengage the ' put your hands on the steering wheel ' while on the highway using the LKAS ?
Dana0069
No

dana0069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic touring
Country flag
Ok, well..too bad. I know this is a software engineered feature and not a hardware issue. I'm sure over time if Honda doesn't change it at some poiint, someone else will find a way to over-ride it.
Not that I would give it my 100% trust, as it certainly has it's limitations at this point.
Dana0069

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
I think we're talking about two different things. I didn't know the 4-way responded to swipe gestures.
Does the 4 way respond to gestures? I've noticed an on/off setting for this although I've never been able to get it to do anything.
Sponsored