Are these accessories worth the money?

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My2016Civic- Did you get your auto dimming rearview mirror from Honda accessories or did you buy one from some other place? I'm wondering about the quality of it.
I bought both the rear-view mirror and fog light kits at http://hondapartsnetwork.com for much less than the dealer charges for the kits alone. You may also find accessories on other sites such as http://www.collegehillshonda.com or http://www.accessories-honda.com which seems to have the lowest in some cases, but they don't have everything (I just did a quick check at accessories-honda.com and they seem to have the fog light kit for less but they don't have the auto dim rear-view mirror at all). I've found that hondapartsnetwork.com has more in stock parts and accessories, the service is awesome and shipping is quite fast, so that is who I've stuck with.

Either way, they sell Genuine OEM Honda accessories so you'd be safe with either one quality wise since they would provide the same factory accessories the dealers would install.

Now, if you feel you might want leather rather than cloth, or don't have someone that has DIY capabilities/expertise then you will definitely want to go for the higher trims or pay to have the accessories installed for you. Both the rear-view and fog light install require running wiring harnesses and taking quite a bit of the car apart.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2016/4dr/foglights.pdf
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2016/4dr/daynightmirror.pdf

For pricing on either trim, try using the US News Best Price Program https://secure.bestprice.rankingsan...0239?popular_trim=false&referrer_id=ZUSNA0030. I'm not sure if it applies to or can be used in Canada, but I used it and had local dealers contacting me and competing against each other to get my sale. It should save you quite a bit. I believe they use www.Truecar.com, so you may try that as well.

I also love the US News article on the '16 Civic which is what even placed the Civic on my radar early on: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Honda_Civic/

Good luck with your purchase. Hope all this helps. :)
Sponsored

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I was deciding between the same two models in March. However, the price difference for me in Ontario was only $800 so that made my decision a bit easier than yours I suppose.

For $800 I got the turbo engine, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, fog lights, nicer rims, and a trunk lid spoiler.

Also you mentioned you were looking at possibly getting an Aegean blue. I dunno about New Brunswick but my dealer told me that in Ontario, the EX with sensing is only available in both versions of black, white, or modern steel.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I was deciding between the same two models in March. However, the price difference for me in Ontario was only $800 so that made my decision a bit easier than yours I suppose.

For $800 I got the turbo engine, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, fog lights, nicer rims, and a trunk lid spoiler.

Also you mentioned you were looking at possibly getting an Aegean blue. I dunno about New Brunswick but my dealer told me that in Ontario, the EX with sensing is only available in both versions of black, white, or modern steel.
Weird... My dealer has 2 blue ex's in stock.

@skittles we don't have the ex-l in Canada unfortunately!

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Do they have sensing? I was told EX with sensing not available in blue. Without sensing is available in any color. Even on the Honda Canada website when building a car, you can't choose blue with ex with sensing

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase

@skittles we don't have the ex-l in Canada unfortunately!
It's strange how each market gets different things. Like Australia getting the black package. I would've liked that. Versus going out and having to get it done. :(

OP
OP
ashleyT2016Civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm going to be buying the ex Honda sensing in modern steel since it shows less dirt and scratches then the black. The dealership also said they have a white and silver along with the black and modern steel but I don't like the light colours on the 2016 Honda Civic.

Hoping I don't regret buying the modern steel vs black. There was no blue available

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I guess it depends on what you will do with the car in regards to selling and when. Don't forget that the EX-T also includes seat warmers in the front and passenger climate controls. It may only be 16 no, but the difference in performance is significant. Like 0-60 in 6.7 vs 8.2 or so.

I'd search on a great deal on an ext before modding an ex personally.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm going to be buying the ex Honda sensing in modern steel since it shows less dirt and scratches then the black. The dealership also said they have a white and silver along with the black and modern steel but I don't like the light colours on the 2016 Honda Civic.

Hoping I don't regret buying the modern steel vs black. There was no blue available
I was debating between Aegean blue and modern steel. Had my car 3 months now and I'm very happy I chose modern steel. Tint the windows and the car looks sleek and more sophisticated than the blue. I think the grey also looks more aggressive. Definitely happy I switched away from the blue.

OP
OP
ashleyT2016Civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'll be picking up my ex Honda sensing modern steel on Tuesday! So excited to drive it and even more excited about the overall car purchase because it's my first car!

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I was debating between Aegean blue and modern steel. Had my car 3 months now and I'm very happy I chose modern steel. Tint the windows and the car looks sleek and more sophisticated than the blue. I think the grey also looks more aggressive. Definitely happy I switched away from the blue.
The Aegean Blue is definitely gorgeous, but it certainly seems to be a look-at-me type of color. If that's what you want, it's ideal. If not, then, well you might want to reconsider. I saw one everyday on taking my son to school and there was no missing it. I just got the Cosmic Blue which I think is a fantastic color and is definitely far more subtle.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase

I love black..but would definitely opt for the modern steel as an alternative..It is really beautiful in person. Sporty and classy.
Sponsored