Anyone measured the frequency output of a non-Touring headunit yet?

Manchops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan (Black, mine), 2016 Fit LX (Red, Wifes car)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, total car audio newbie here. I have a touring and the sound is okay but I do notice it's not really where I want it to be (huge music lover). How would I get a better sound without spending too much money or sacrificing any space from the trunk? Would an audio Controller like the one mentioned above help? Also would changing to a different free air subwoofer be worth it? I don't listen to a lot of bass heavy music but would like something that has decent sound etc. any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored

Anthonyjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hey, total car audio newbie here. I have a touring and the sound is okay but I do notice it's not really where I want it to be (huge music lover). How would I get a better sound without spending too much money or sacrificing any space from the trunk? Would an audio Controller like the one mentioned above help? Also would changing to a different free air subwoofer be worth it? I don't listen to a lot of bass heavy music but would like something that has decent sound etc. any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
The addition of a audio control with accubass would drastically change everything. I noticed the sound in my internal speakers alone sound incredibly better. Not just the sub I added.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
I have installed an Alpine MVR-500 amp using a line converter, (not a nice lc2i, just a $20 off the shelf line converter), and am running 2 12" Kenwoods in a sealed box in my 2016 EX and can tell you that it thumps good and hard. Doesnt even have the ANC issues that the Accords have. I am using the rear speakers as a source for the amp.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have installed an Alpine MVR-500 amp using a line converter, (not a nice lc2i, just a $20 off the shelf line converter), and am running 2 12" Kenwoods in a sealed box in my 2016 EX and can tell you that it thumps good and hard. Doesnt even have the ANC issues that the Accords have. I am using the rear speakers as a source for the amp.

Am I missing something? Would switching my line converter out for an LC2I make it sound different?

Anthonyjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Am I missing something? Would switching my line converter out for an LC2I make it sound different?
Yes because the bass is drastically lowered. This device brings the bass back up where it needs to be. Check some YouTube videos on it.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, so please explain like im 5:

I am running from my rear speakers into a cheap line out converter, from there it goes to RCAs into my amp. If you ask me or anyone who has sat in my car, the bass is huge. If I hadnt read this I would not think there was a problem at all.

If I replace my line converter with the LC2i and use the accubass settings, only the sub will be affected and it will actually increase my bass output?

Anthonyjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Ok, so please explain like im 5:

I am running from my rear speakers into a cheap line out converter, from there it goes to RCAs into my amp. If you ask me or anyone who has sat in my car, the bass is huge. If I hadnt read this I would not think there was a problem at all.

If I replace my line converter with the LC2i and use the accubass settings, only the sub will be affected and it will actually increase my bass output?
So I tapped my rear speakers as well. I took the source from.my rears then went into the lc2i. Then from there you have subwoofer outputs and you have your main speaker outputs which go into your amp. The main speakers sound much better as well because the bass is restored To almost a flat we instead of a curved roll-off.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ill be darned. I was going to amp my fronts tomorrow, but I thibnk Ill install the LC2i instead now.
Sponsored