Touring frequency curve

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a Dayton Audio iMM-6 microphone and installed Audiotool on my Nexus 6 to try analyze and calibrate the speakers in my touring. I've already added foam and dynamat to eliminate the subwoofer rattle. I'm still learning the software, but here are some early measurements. I'd love to see what others get.

I used peak store mode and did a log sweep from 20Hz to 20Khz, 10sec long. I took the measurements in the middle of the night and the car in ACC mode with the climate control off to minimize external noise. The head unit was a volume 25 with the "neural" off. The measurement was taken from the drivers seat around ear level with the seat all the way back so the mic would be around where my head would normally be.

This is about as flat as I could get the frequency curve:
Honda Civic 10th gen Touring frequency curve Screenshot_20160102-012843

Here are the audio settings used to get that curve:
Honda Civic 10th gen Touring frequency curve IMG_20160102_012902 (Large) Honda Civic 10th gen Touring frequency curve IMG_20160102_012909 (Large)

Afterwards I did some listening and turned down the treble and subwoofer down one notch each. I found the highs a bit harsh and the bass not very solid. This is to be expected since these aren't very high end components. I'd love to know what settings you are using and if you have taken any measurements.

Though it doesn't sound as good as a system I would want if I was putting it together from scratch, I'm more than happy with it considering it's a factory system. I doubt I will be upgrading anything. Never say never though :)

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a great post, I like looking into the details and getting measurements. It avoids the Internet opinions (at least reduces them).

OP
OP
hondo

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a great post, I like looking into the details and getting measurements. It avoids the Internet opinions (at least reduces them).
Thanks. Objective measurements are great. I just hope I measured them correctly. The software has a lot of features and I'm still figuring out how to use it.

Rickstitans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I got a Dayton Audio iMM-6 microphone and installed Audiotool on my Nexus 6 to try analyze and calibrate the speakers in my touring. I've already added foam and dynamat to eliminate the subwoofer rattle. I'm still learning the software, but here are some early measurements. I'd love to see what others get.

I used peak store mode and did a log sweep from 20Hz to 20Khz, 10sec long. I took the measurements in the middle of the night and the car in ACC mode with the climate control off to minimize external noise. The head unit was a volume 25 with the "neural" off. The measurement was taken from the drivers seat around ear level with the seat all the way back so the mic would be around where my head would normally be.

This is about as flat as I could get the frequency curve:
Screenshot_20160102-012843.png

Here are the audio settings used to get that curve:
IMG_20160102_012902 (Large).jpg IMG_20160102_012909 (Large).jpg

Afterwards I did some listening and turned down the treble and subwoofer down one notch each. I found the highs a bit harsh and the bass not very solid. This is to be expected since these aren't very high end components. I'd love to know what settings you are using and if you have taken any measurements.

Though it doesn't sound as good as a system I would want if I was putting it together from scratch, I'm more than happy with it considering it's a factory system. I doubt I will be upgrading anything. Never say never though :)

Angelo mupo

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex touring
Country flag
I did notice the sub rattles alot, what did you do exactly to fix the problem. Thanks
It's not the sub itself that's rattling. It's the rear light. I shot a small amount of gap filler and it's solved the issue.
Sponsored