Any recommendations for changing color of side reflectors?

noelbnetz

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been a couple weeks since I did something to my car so I decided to change my reflectors on my pearl white ex-t. They're oem orange and its buggin the hell out of me seeing them whenever I walk up to my car. I'm also saving up for coil overs so I'm being stingy with my money. Did any of yall plasti dip it black or change it up on the cheap side besides buying entirely new reflector units?
Sponsored

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I replaced my reflectors with a smoked model from ebay. They're in smoked or chrome and are around $25ish. The one I got came with two orange halogen bulbs but I replaced them with amber LEDs.

Mojo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I replaced my reflectors with a smoked model from ebay. They're in smoked or chrome and are around $25ish. The one I got came with two orange halogen bulbs but I replaced them with amber LEDs.
Was it hard to replace them is it just kinda plug and play ?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Was it hard to replace them is it just kinda plug and play ?
They take less than a minute per side to replace. Once you know where to place the flathead screwdriver. I ditched the included amber bulbs as well and replaced them with LEDs, so they're smoked when off, but light up amber.

You also have the option of getting clear markers, depending on the look you're going for. I find that the smoked looks better on cars with the black trim and dark wheels, and clear on everything else.

The ambers don't go with anything IMO. But I bet they'll be popular in Japan for those embracing the "American" style.

oberseite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Mine are white. They are Optix Auto Labs LED. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than the orange. They are plug and play a bit... you have to tap into some wires for fully functionality. I got mine on eBay from them for $40. Took about 20-30 minutes to complete.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any recommendations for changing color of side reflectors? BC22468B-754F-4E6C-B85B-25BBBA83B2DE

Honda Civic 10th gen Any recommendations for changing color of side reflectors? 829157AB-351C-44AC-91E2-1CE06BA3DAD6

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Mine are white. They are Optix Auto Labs LED. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than the orange. They are plug and play a bit... you have to tap into some wires for fully functionality. I got mine on eBay from them for $40. Took about 20-30 minutes to complete.
Do you have any front to back pic, i heard the stick out a few compared to stock.

Thanks

oberseite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Do you have any front to back pic, i heard the stick out a few compared to stock.

Thanks
I can see about getting some, sure. They have a slight “bump” on them, but it’s entirely intentional from the manufacturer. The easiest comparison I can make is the rectangular “bump” that’s on the sides of the non-LED headlight casings. It looks identical nearly. I assume it’s to look more like an OEM part. It can’t be more than 1/4-1/2” in height.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
I can see about getting some, sure. They have a slight “bump” on them, but it’s entirely intentional from the manufacturer. The easiest comparison I can make is the rectangular “bump” that’s on the sides of the non-LED headlight casings. It looks identical nearly. I assume it’s to look more like an OEM part. It can’t be more than 1/4-1/2” in height.
Thanks, i'll be definitely getting them just waiting on black friday to do all my purchases.

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I have these in their smoked variant. Absolutely love the look and switchback. Might need to run out to get a picture since the sun came out.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I have the $25 clear side markers off ebay. They're effectively clear oem replacements, and do not stick out at all. I will say they're a bit "cheap" in that the plastic clips aren't incredibly durable. One side botched a little and I had to use double sided 3M tape to get it to stay in place. They do look nice though.

I've ordered a few pairs of replacement bulbs, as the originals are clear, but emit amber. I wanted white, and the first pair I purchased, supposedly "hyper white" or some such, but they're still fairly yellow. I like the chrome coated bulbs, non-led, so they're in sync with the turn signal bulbs.

The chrome covered bulbs also look amazing in the front and rear turn signal housing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any recommendations for changing color of side reflectors? 20171026_170224

Honda Civic 10th gen Any recommendations for changing color of side reflectors? 20171026_191058

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
My car has blacked out side markers. Black rattle can. When putting them back on I removed the bulbs. So Yea.. That's an option. No orange, amber, yellow, white,clear,smoked...whatever colors. Just black them out and don't illuminate them.

hellohi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

BC22468B-754F-4E6C-B85B-25BBBA83B2DE.jpeg

829157AB-351C-44AC-91E2-1CE06BA3DAD6.jpeg
I really like these side markers. I'm thinking of getting them.

When do they light up white? When the car is in Park?

Could you explain how you wired them to sync up with the turn signals?

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really like these side markers. I'm thinking of getting them.

When do they light up white? When the car is in Park?

Could you explain how you wired them to sync up with the turn signals?
wired mine for switchback
running light white, amber turn signal
Sponsored