NoHabitz

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello all, I was wondering if a 9th gen si clutch would fit the 10th gen si? My friend has a brand new one and said if it fits, then he would sell it to me. This is probably a dumb question, sorry šŸ˜…

Iā€™m also curious which aftermarket clutch kit is a good one to hold power, but not break my pockets too deep. Iā€™ve been hearing that the RV6 TypeR Retrofit for the 1.5T is a good one that seems to be the most go to option, but I just wanted to know. I recently tuned my car with a KTuner base map, but I plan on getting either Phearable or TSP once I get another PRL Corba with the Race MAF.
Sponsored

shitboxsi

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
100 miles on my new RV6 clutch kit and Iā€™m loving it so far. Need to bleed it again, but so far itā€™s great. It ended up being $1400 with tax and buying the KZCMC with the kit.

OP
OP
NoHabitz

NoHabitz

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
100 miles on my new RV6 clutch kit and Iā€™m loving it so far. Need to bleed it again, but so far itā€™s great. It ended up being $1400 with tax and buying the KZCMC with the kit.
Did you install it yourself or have a shop do it?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
9th gen SI has a Kseries, you have an L15, I doubt that your friend's clutch will work on your car.

RV6 retrofit is def the go-to choice, it'll hold 4-500whp so no need to plan for later upgrades. Doing a clutch on this car takes about 8-10 hours and you need to drop the subframe, steering rack, front suspension. It is very involved if you only have jackstands but a lot of people have done it. I had mine done by a shop just because I didn't have 3 days to give to do it on mine and the shop gave me a loaner for the 2 days they spent on it.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I am very experienced and have many tools, and it still takes me the better part of a day to access my clutch from the garage floor. I do this once or twice a year to play around with transmission upgrades, so an 8-10 hour estimate is fair for people having done it already.

Plan for a full weekend if it's your first time. There are a few tools and tips to consider for safety and convenience. It's even more fun when all your hardware is exposed to salted roads in the winter.

OP
OP
NoHabitz

NoHabitz

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
9th gen SI has a Kseries, you have an L15, I doubt that your friend's clutch will work on your car.

RV6 retrofit is def the go-to choice, it'll hold 4-500whp so no need to plan for later upgrades. Doing a clutch on this car takes about 8-10 hours and you need to drop the subframe, steering rack, front suspension. It is very involved if you only have jackstands but a lot of people have done it. I had mine done by a shop just because I didn't have 3 days to give to do it on mine and the shop gave me a loaner for the 2 days they spent on it.
Yea I didnā€™t think it would but that it wouldnā€™t hurt to ask lol. I will definitely go to a shop to have it done because I donā€™t have the space to work on my car anymore, unless itā€™s the little things.

OP
OP
NoHabitz

NoHabitz

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am very experienced and have many tools, and it still takes me the better part of a day to access my clutch from the garage floor. I do this once or twice a year to play around with transmission upgrades, so an 8-10 hour estimate is fair for people having done it already.

Plan for a full weekend if it's your first time. There are a few tools and tips to consider for safety and convenience. It's even more fun when all your hardware is exposed to salted roads in the winter.
Yea I have quite a bit of the tool collection but I feel like I probably wouldnā€™t have all the tools needed. Iā€™m in Texas, so itā€™s more of heat and icy roads

Redwing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
Hello all, I was wondering if a 9th gen si clutch would fit the 10th gen si? My friend has a brand new one and said if it fits, then he would sell it to me. This is probably a dumb question, sorry šŸ˜…
To answer the question definitively; no... kinda? K24 has 215mm OEM clutch, L15b has 230mm. There are some aftermarket clutches for the k24 that size up to 230mm, but he bolt patterns might not be the same.

A OEM 9th gen si clutch does not directly fit the OEM 10th gen flywheel. Technically the clutch is sized so that you could use a custom flywheel or some adapter brackets and still fit in the housing... But I'm pretty sure that's not what you're trying to do here.

As with all car modifications, good luck and have fun. Feel free to ask anyone for specific details, there are no shortage of clutch upgrades here. šŸ™ƒ
Sponsored