A moment of silence for my winter car please...

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I would like to have a moment of silence for my "winter car".

My 2007 Fit Sport will no longer start. (the ignition assembly in the steering column needs to be replaced, parts are $350-$500) I've decided to donate it to charity.

I purchased the car brand new on 7/31/2007 with 10 miles on the OD. It sits with 242k miles. It had a relatively trouble free life. Mostly used for commuter duty, but it also for a time was used to tow a small pop-up camper.

Some stats:

It has had 3 different windshields. (Thank you, state farm glass coverage)
Brakes only replaced 1 time!?
Its gone through 3 sets of winter tires
Its gone through 4 (or 5?) sets of other tires
1 fender bender last year (just sprayed over the mark on the rear bumper) no other accidents.
Stuck in snow 2 times
Stuck in mud 1 time

Since I bought my CTR over the summer, the Fit was rarely used until the snow started flying here (beginning of November). But it has been not happy about being demoted to winter car duty. Replaced the alternator, starter, and battery just to keep it going. Sport mode and paddle shifters don't work anymore. The car has been having trouble starting due to a problem in the ignition switch. I got all season tires for the CTR literally 2 days before the fit decided to give up.

RIP
Sponsored

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
Hah crazy I daily an 07 Fit Sport too in crummy weather/winter! Mine has 344,000 miles on it and everything still works and it still drives great considering. RIP to your Fit nice you got the all seasons for the CTR, but you need another winter beater, keep R fresh.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
The gas savings alone would have offset the $500. But donation, can’t complain. Hopefully the charity is honest.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
RIP Fit, that is lovely of you to donate it to charity :thumbsup:

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
Great to see you guys putting up huge mileages on the Fit with only minor issues, that's promising since I'm at 150K with my '09 Fit. Also have only changed my brakes once at 100K, it's crazy.

How well did your motor mounts hold up?

Acc0rd79

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2013 Nissan GTR, 2001 Honda Prelude, 1991 Honda Prelude Si
Country flag
500 bucks and you're letting it go??? Fix it!!! I live in Florida and purchased my 2001 Prelude from Syracuse NY, little did I know at the time that the few years it spent in NY snows/salt had already taken its toll. Now that car has rust bubbles in the rear fenders:( It will cost me thousands to cut them out and repaint the car. Just pay the 500 bucks, that's nothing in the bigger scope.

OP
OP
FifStreet

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great to see you guys putting up huge mileages on the Fit with only minor issues, that's promising since I'm at 150K with my '09 Fit. Also have only changed my brakes once at 100K, it's crazy.

How well did your motor mounts hold up?
Motor mounts? never an issue.

The only thing I had as an issue was the car was stalling when it was cold outside at around 50k. Dealer couldn't figure out what it was. Turned out that the regular maintenance valve adjustment fixed it.

OP
OP
FifStreet

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
500 bucks and you're letting it go??? Fix it!!! I live in Florida and purchased my 2001 Prelude from Syracuse NY, little did I know at the time that the few years it spent in NY snows/salt had already taken its toll. Now that car has rust bubbles in the rear fenders:( It will cost me thousands to cut them out and repaint the car. Just pay the 500 bucks, that's nothing in the bigger scope.
that was just for the parts. Quote for the whole thing was $800+. Also I've already put almost $1000 into other repairs on the Fit this fall/winter. Decided to no longer put money into it.

Gomie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I drove a 2010 Fit Sport manual 5 speed for three years before trading it in for a 2013 Civic Si. I firmly believe that if the Fit had only 25 more hp, while keeping everything else stock, it would be more fun to drive than my stock 2013 Si.

Honda made a very good car in the 2nd gen Fit, and although I never drove one, I heard the 1st gen was pretty good too. RIP to your Fit.
Sponsored