Vendetta

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Twice in the last few weeks i have had issues with start up. Once it turned over the immediately bogged then wouldn't start. Last night it wouldn't even turn over. Noticed my fuel economy has been dropping too. Called my dealership and they said if the VIN isn't part of the recall I would have to take it up with Honda canada. They could try to diagnose it but if its intermittent may test normal. Anyone gone through something similiar. I know 2017 to 2019 were recalled
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
I have seen LOTS of various Honda models with fuel pump failures that don't fall under the VIN ranges. If you are lucky, it will throw a p0087 low fuel rail pressure code. But often it will just have hard starting or won't start at all some times with no DTCs. If I ever get cars in that just crank endlessly and don't start, or the customer states that it sometimes will have those symptoms, I just replace the pump and it's good to go.

If you have a 2020, it will still be under warranty either way. The only difference is the recall fuel pump kit is just the pump and nothing else, the non-recall parts is the entire fuel pump module (brackets and fuel level gauge etc included).

timtzotz

First Name
timtzotz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R (SGP); 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Country flag
It's probably a real thing. I have a 2020 and last week I took a trip out of town. While in the middle lane at highway speed every warning message came on associated with a loss of power and poor steering. Barely got over to the side ofoff the road, thought I was going to be rear ended. Construction zone, not a safe location. Three hours later baking in the Florida sun I got towed to the nearest dealer. My car is stuck in another city an hour away waiting on a fuel pump.

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Twice in the last few weeks i have had issues with start up. Once it turned over the immediately bogged then wouldn't start. Last night it wouldn't even turn over. Noticed my fuel economy has been dropping too. Called my dealership and they said if the VIN isn't part of the recall I would have to take it up with Honda canada. They could try to diagnose it but if its intermittent may test normal. Anyone gone through something similiar. I know 2017 to 2019 were recalled
2020 Type R: well it’s about time. I had problems in September 2023, Stalled on the road 4 times, towed it to local dealer and of course after the pump cooled down, everything was back to normal. Took it to another dealer and they changed it right away under warranty. I took it back to first dealer and they ended up changing the high pressure pump under warranty at the engine. Along with the known ac problems and recent tranny problems I’ve lost faith in Honda quality. Traded the car before more hardaches show up.
Sponsored