2019 Si Sedan fog light replacement

Brad1976

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
So had my 19 Si for less than 2 months and one of the fog lights is completely cracked (no plastic cover). Oem replacement is 180 for just one side.

Thought I saw someone say the 19s retrofitted to previous years, just curious if anyone has aftermarket fog lights on their 2019.

Really would like something like this if I have to pay 180.00, but not sure if anything but oem will fit a 2019 sedan si
https://www.carid.com/oracle-lighti...Z-_EQ26dGhxtFJFQifmmpoiMg_E0FiMhoCXN0QAvD_BwE

Just want the non colored ones with the ring

Advertisement

dave00str

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si, CRX
Country flag
I got the OEM LED upgrades for right around $200 for the pair.

Salvage yards are also an option

OP

Brad1976

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I guess this is the thread that has me wondering what
I got the OEM LED upgrades for right around $200 for the pair.

Salvage yards are also an option
dor the leds are they plug in directly or is there a conversion harness you have to buy for them to work? I’m confused how the one I have is halogen and costs 360 for the set??

dave00str

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si, CRX
Country flag
Sorry...my bad. I went back and looked, they were just the bulbs, not housings.

But to make it up to you...I did a search on car-parts.com. There were plenty of options.
This left side replacement was $25.

2990_381647_01_web.jpg

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're not concerned about it being OEM, replacing the fog light housing shouldn't be a big expense. Dave00str showed one, and Amazon has some as well:

https://smile.amazon.com/TYC-19-604...efix=honda+civic+fog+light+hou,aps,153&sr=8-2

If you plan on replacing them yourself, definitely get a set of ramps. Working under that section of the bumper without them is a pain in the ass (speaking from experience).

Regarding your question about the LED lights - they should just be plug and play. Depending on the brand you buy, there may be a ballast that you'd have to mount somewhere with some adhesive, but for that area of the vehicle, I'd strongly recommend getting ballast-free LEDs. I got a set from Cougar Motor on Amazon for around $40, and they plugged right in and work just fine.

OP

Brad1976

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
That is perfect. Not worried about oem at all. Bought this car with 66 miles on 9/23 and I’m at 6500 now. This thing will have 50k a year or more till I get my type r. Thanks again 180 is ridiculous for 1 fog light unless maybe it was that type r one.

Anyone else needs a quick temporary fix I found one anyone could easily find. My light still works so until I can order a new one this should protect the bulb and let me use my fog light
CB3EA781-CB98-49A9-814B-12B1C50153FF.jpeg
in the meantime.

Pack was like 15.00 at Walmart buys me some time to wait on mail.

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is perfect. Not worried about oem at all. Bought this car with 66 miles on 9/23 and I’m at 6500 now. This thing will have 50k a year or more till I get my type r. Thanks again 180 is ridiculous for 1 fog light unless maybe it was that type r one.

Anyone else needs a quick temporary fix I found one anyone could easily find. My light still works so until I can order a new one this should protect the bulb and let me use my fog light
CB3EA781-CB98-49A9-814B-12B1C50153FF.jpeg
in the meantime.

Pack was like 15.00 at Walmart buys me some time to wait on mail.
Yea, I'm a little new to the whole car modding thing, but it's mind-boggling how much some of the simplest things can cost, depending on the brand you choose. I can understand if you're paying a little extra to support a smaller company in a niche market, but if it's something like lights (that I plug in and forget about), I couldn't care less what country they were made in.

Hope all goes with the repair!