letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
My first gripe was lack of bass. Added a powered underseat subwoofer to scratch that off the list.

Next up was the center speaker. VERY easy upgrade and this is where you can get the most bang for your buck.

Last was an upgrade to the front door speakers. Went wth the Alpine S-S65C since it came with the woofers and the silk dome tweeters.

TBH, If I could do it over again, I'd do just the sub and center speaker upgrade. The change to the front door tweeters is decent for music, but makes the voice from phone calls not so great.
Did you do the sub yourself? and by center speaker, is that the one in the rear? not too sure if there's in the front off the top of my head.
Sponsored

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do the sub yourself? and by center speaker, is that the one in the rear? not too sure if there's in the front off the top of my head.
I used to install subs in my cars and friend's cars back in the day, but I paid someone to do it this time around! I got lazy ?

The center speaker is on the front dashbord. That one takes 5 mins and I did do it myself lol

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Congratulations on the 2nd year of ownership! One reason I bought my Si was the strong aftermarket support for these cars.

Keep enjoying her!:)

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
3 year update! This car has served me well as a daily and is sitting at just shy of 39k trouble-free miles!

Not much occurred between years 2 and 3, as far as mods go - mostly just routine maintenance:

• Installed CTR RMM + Perrin Inserts
  • Installed K-Tuned Rear Camber Arms
  • Replaced OEM battery
  • Replaced MTF with AC Delco Syncromesh MTF
  • New wheel/tire setup - Forgestar CF5 18x9 +35 & Continental DWS06+ 245/40zr18

A/C still blows cold, so no issues there! Mostly do highway driving and have not tracked nor done any auto-x, so I'm still on my factory brakes. Fluid was flushed during the CTR retrofit clutch job between year 1-2, however. Whenever my front brakes are ready to be replaced, I'm throwing in a BBK for sure 😁

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can't believe it's been 4 years already!

I'm currently just under 54k miles and *knock on wood* no issues to speak of.

In addition to routine maintenance, I did install some mods in the past 12 months. Bought my first house last summer, so the Si was a TINY bit neglected lol
  • 27Won BBK installed (finally!)
  • Stoptech slotted rear rotors
  • Ceramic rear brake pads
  • Motul DOT 5.1 Brake fluid
  • NGK Ruthenium HX spark plugs (gapped to ~0.025")
  • Chrome Trim delete
Sitting on some more parts, so I do have more plans for between year 4-5.
  • Received a revised Phearable 1.5R tune, so I'll flash that after my next oil change.
  • Ordered (2) replacement 27won CAI filters to keep in rotation during cleaning.
  • Need to install the Suma performance mirrors. I have the side mirrors on hand and the rear mirror en route.
  • Have PRL's new RMM, but I quite like the CTR RMM w/Perrin inserts, so I'll see how long it takes before I actually install it!
  • Debating if I should ditch the DC front strut bar in favor of pulling the alignment pins and installing these Wunderladen strut lock washers. I have some slight rubbing up front and wouldn't mind more camber.
  • Will install the Wunderladen brass rear caliper bushings during my next brake pad inspection
  • Have Whiteline adjustable front sway bar endlinks to install.

Obligatory BBK pic:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM - Short Review & Ownership Thread 1688054301910
Sponsored