Teresa765

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic lx
Country flag
Hello I need some help pls. I had new battery installed cuz car would not start and had all the warnings come on (brake, road departure , vsa, anti lock etc) . After battery change, my local mechanic tested the alternator, and it was bad. He suggested me take it for second opinion . I went to autozone and oreilly, all confirmed alternator is bad. I only have 22k on it, warranty is out cuz I owned it four years already. I have cars over 90k miles and never have to replace the alternator. Can anyone pls suggest what else to do before I spent more money? I’m worried. Thanks to everyone in advance.
Sponsored

Merciless_1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic touring
Country flag
Yeah I am in the same boat this happened yesterday Tuesday June 28th 2022 4:30a.m. as I started the car I notied the dash dim a little as I plugged my ktuner in everything showed normal for the moment but as I started to drive out my parking spot just to the end of the block on the k tuner showed battery voltage going lower and lower after that the dash lit up one by one after that the car was shutdown as i pulled over my car has about 22k (aftermarket parts) day 1 battery but the alt went first 3 techs has told me. I have a 2018 Honda civic touring

My list of aftermarket parts:
Ktuner v1.2,
27won Frontpipe & Downpipe,
Mishimoto Intercooler,
Afe power takeda exhaust,
Injen evo1500 intake,
Eibachi lowering springs

No tune yet

I should be getting the car back later today June 29th