10thgen Accord Aluminium front lower control arm on civic?

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i've been having this idea for a long time but never got around to check this because we never got a 10th gen accord in europe.
The 10thgen accord has a aluminium front lower control arm which uses the same front compliance bushings as the 10th gen civic .And it also uses 12mm nuts to connect the ball joint.
The only clear difference i could see is the bolt that connects to the subframe is bigger on the accord (16x100mm)vs civic (14x90mm) .Anybody ever tried if the accord control arm would fit on the civic ?
The bushing of the accord could be replaced or even use a thin bushing as a spacer to convert it from 16mm to 14mm. (stainless tube of 16mm with 1mm wall).
I've tried sourcing a cheap used control arm of the accord in the usa before but they are all still expensive for a test fit.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10thgen Accord Aluminium front lower control arm on civic? civic lower control arm

Honda Civic 10th gen 10thgen Accord Aluminium front lower control arm on civic? accord lower control arm

Honda Civic 10th gen 10thgen Accord Aluminium front lower control arm on civic? accord lower control arm 02