jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Turbocharged engines by nature thrive in cold air. Cold air is more dense which means it works better in general with the turbocharger, which explains why you're experiencing more power in the fall.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
is it just me but does the si run really poorly during the summer? I've gotten used to the pull the si has and I've noticed a few months ago, that in the heat it was really poor. Now that its fall, the cars pull is back. I know cars run poorer when the heat is up but is this more noticeable in turbo cars? the car legit felt like it lost 30 hp.

kind of just curious if this is an issue with my car, or just a regular turbo/weather issue. my 18 si has had a few issues already but nothing mechanical.
I live in California and have driven it 4 times between Northern and Southern California where temps have reached over 112 F, with no issues or perceivable power loss. There was one drive to Los Angeles where I drove 7 hours straight at about 85 mph in above 100 F temps, and when I reached LA traffic there was some heat soak (it was about 98 F in LA) in the stop and go traffic, but that is to be expected in a turbo engine

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Solutions, in order of bang for the buck:

1. Honeycomb Grille $100-$200
2. Turbo blanket $150
3. CAI $400-$700