1.5L injen sri to cai

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Guys,

Made my first engine mod purchase since owning my 1.5 sport hatch and it is the wrinkle red injen CAI. Now, i live in the UK and get alot of rain this time of year so when it comes i was thinking about taking the time to install it as a CAI BUT.. is it possible to leave the existing lower pipe and filter bolted in place but then purchase an additional filter that i can connect to the upper SRI pipe? I dont have access to getting to the underneath of vehicle so re-installing the lower pipe and filter would mean getting a garage to do it. Im just thinking it would be great to just connect it up as and when i want it as a CAI. This may sound abit daft but has anyone considered this??
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Guys,

Made my first engine mod purchase since owning my 1.5 sport hatch and it is the wrinkle red injen CAI. Now, i live in the UK and get alot of rain this time of year so when it comes i was thinking about taking the time to install it as a CAI BUT.. is it possible to leave the existing lower pipe and filter bolted in place but then purchase an additional filter that i can connect to the upper SRI pipe? I dont have access to getting to the underneath of vehicle so re-installing the lower pipe and filter would mean getting a garage to do it. Im just thinking it would be great to just connect it up as and when i want it as a CAI. This may sound abit daft but has anyone considered this??
I would leave it as a SRI and be done with it. You don't gain much going with CAI and it's a liability. Someone else hydrolocked their SI with what they said was a small puddle.