“Audio off” Message

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
Hey guys by a series of unfortunate events I have ended up buying a used stock 2018 sport radio. I made sure before ordering that it was the same part # and reference # however once I replaced the radio and turned it on I get a menu that prompts me to press the power button for two or more seconds. I do this and it brings up a screen with the time and words that read “Audio Off”. I’ve tried everything I can read online (there’s not much) and nothing seems to work as far as getting the radio past this point. Everything else in the radio works including the backup camera. For some reason audio and Bluetooth do not and I’m stumped. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Have you tried pressing the audio/power button again to see if audio turns on? Try clicking the source buttons on your steering wheel to cycle to the radio, etc. and see if it turns on that way.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The radio anti-theft device is tied to a specific "serial number" that it gets from one of the computers in the car. If you bought a used unit, you may have to have this SN reprogrammed at the dealership.
Sponsored