First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey what’s going on everyone.
So I was driving home today with the Honda GPS on the touchscreen. Maybe half way into my drive on the free way I noticed that a message at the top of the touchscreen where it would usually tell you exits or street names displayed a red message saying “ Dangerous Vehicle” after a minute or 2 it went away. I don’t recall ever seeing this before. Does anyone know what this means? Was it indicating there was a dangerous driver on the road or my vehicle is dangerous. I found it kind of odd and I can’t find anything online related to this. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any info is appreciated and sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks.
Sponsored

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Sorry, my comment is of zero value to OP, but: initially I read the thread title as "Type R Dangerous Vehicle Massage". And the post's content was ultimately somewhat less exciting than whatever I originally anticipated

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Not sure at all. But maybe one of those 'oversized' trailers that have warning cars at the front and rear? Or maybe a hazardous materials truck?

OP
OP
FK8_Billy

FK8_Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not sure at all. But maybe one of those 'oversized' trailers that have warning cars at the front and rear? Or maybe a hazardous materials truck?
Thanks for the reply. I honestly didnt see anything like that. It was an odd message to see for the fact I’ve never seen it before and then there’s like no info on it anywhere.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I honestly didnt see anything like that. It was an odd message to see for the fact I’ve never seen it before and then there’s like no info on it anywhere.
I couldn't find anything either. But since it came and went so quick; maybe it was a work zone warning? Or maybe one of those tests where they sent the Tsunami Warning out by mistake? Or aliens. When in doubt; it's always aliens.

OP
OP
FK8_Billy

FK8_Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I couldn't find anything either. But since it came and went so quick; maybe it was a work zone warning? Or maybe one of those tests where they sent the Tsunami Warning out by mistake? Or aliens. When in doubt; it's always aliens.
yeah most likely aliens ? if it was a road warning or warning of another vehicle I’m fine with that. Idk why it made me think it was warning me something was wrong with my car but no other dash lights came on besides that message in the gps menu. I have a 2020 type r so idk if it’s some kind of warning that comes with the newer model but who knows at this point.

OP
OP
FK8_Billy

FK8_Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would agree is I was driving reckless ? but unfortunately I wasn’t.
“ Dangerous Vehicle”

IMO, your screen has analyzed your dangerous driving.:lol:
I would agree if I was driving reckless ? but honestly I wasn’t ??‍♂

OP
OP
FK8_Billy

FK8_Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry to pollute , I will ask to your dealer or write e-mail to Honda, good luck
No worries. Thanks anyways man. I’ll probably give the dealership a call.
Sponsored