judah304

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
2019 Si 8500 miles. Put a 27Won CAI on 3 weeks ago. Car runs great.
Take car to get inspection (NYS). Next day car idles rough. Sounds weird on startup like doesn't want to start for split second. Seems to be missfiring/stumbling at idle. No miss fire codes. Hooked up OBD2 sitting idling in driveway STFT is -16.4 and LTFT is -21.9. See picture

Any ideas before I put stock intake back on to see the change?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel Trims Advice rough idle image0 (9)
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would start with checking all your intake couplers and make sure nothing came lose. Seems like a major air leak somewhere.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
yeah, looks like there's a leak somewhere

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Hi, I'm having the same problem here in mtl since I installed my 27won, on idle I'm running rich like you. Its weird because its only on idle. I did change my plug and cleaned my maf sensor and I did the injector clean up at the dealer...this helped a bit but still running rich on idle!

Next think to look its maybe clean the oxygen sensor.

I know when I start the ac on the STFT will drop like -25 to -10 to -15 so This his the same data with the stock intake

27won rmm , intake and tsp stage 1 map 3
Running on 94 oct with 10% ethanol ( petro canada 94 oct)

Last edited:

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
I would start with checking all your intake couplers and make sure nothing came lose. Seems like a major air leak somewhere.
I'm having the same problem after I put on a prl cobra race maf. I checked all the couplers and they were all tight. I'm on phearable with race calibration. Even tried running basemap with race calibration and nothing changed. I changed the maf sensor today and still running rich. Vega from phearable told me I either had a post maf leak or incorrect housing. And I've changed my plugs.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm having the same problem after I put on a prl cobra race maf. I checked all the couplers and they were all tight. I'm on phearable with race calibration. Even tried running basemap with race calibration and nothing changed. I changed the maf sensor today and still running rich. Vega from phearable told me I either had a post maf leak or incorrect housing. And I've changed my plugs.
If you're running super rich, the MAF housing is correct, and there are no air leaks, next thing I'd be looking at is leaking fuel injectors.

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you're running super rich, the MAF housing is correct, and there are no air leaks, next thing I'd be looking at is leaking fuel injectors.
Okay. I found a site for them as a set but it doesn't state if it comes with everything I need for the replacement as far as the orings and seals go.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Easiest way to determine if the problem is with the intake or something else on the car would be to reinstall the stock one and see if the trims are back to normal.

brendonsiX

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI
Country flag
Hey! Can I ask you what your numbers look like at idle? I have the same mods (race maf) and phearable tune with LTFT hitting -10 after maybe 5-10 minuted of idling but drops down quick when driving. Only thing I have is a injen hydro shield which I'm thinking might restrict my air flow a little.

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Easiest way to determine if the problem is with the intake or something else on the car would be to reinstall the stock one and see if the trims are back to normal.
Fuel trims are still running high on stock intake and factory tune

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey! Can I ask you what your numbers look like at idle? I have the same mods (race maf) and phearable tune with LTFT hitting -10 after maybe 5-10 minuted of idling but drops down quick when driving. Only thing I have is a injen hydro shield which I'm thinking might restrict my air flow a little.
At idle my stft fluctuates from like -10 to as high as -25. When I'm cruising with barely any throttle it is showing -15 and sometimes higher.

brendonsiX

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI
Country flag
At idle my stft fluctuates from like -10 to as high as -25. When I'm cruising with barely any throttle it is showing -15 and sometimes higher.
Stft will always fluctuate alot as it shows what's currently going on and LTFT is long term values, what does your LTFT look like at idle compared to normal driving?

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stft will always fluctuate alot as it shows what's currently going on and LTFT is long term values, what does your LTFT look like at idle compared to normal driving?
At idle my ltft will reach in the -20s and at normal driving it averages about -10 -14

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont think stft should go into the 20s or up in either variable unless you got a fuel issue.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag