Kydo1699

First Name
Ankydow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a 2020 civic si and I have been having some issues with it. I kind of have a rough idle and rough drive from idle to around 3000 rpm after that it gets smoother.
Here are the mods I have:
Catless fp/dp
PRL race short ram intake
tsp stage 1 on ktuner
Rear motor mount
Remark exhaust

Things I have tried:
Put in the stock air filter
Put the stock tune back on
Changed the spark plugs

Took it to a shop and they could not figure it out, still having that same issue! Here is a video of how it sounds. Any ideas on what it could be?

Also, if you guys could check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like.
ClassicKydo
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Edcalgarian

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
I had a similar issue but I'm completely stock. I cleaned the MAF and it fixed it for me.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Making a guess, I would say it's your Rear Motor mount. The bushings are Polyurethane, which is much harder than rubber and way less pliable. Although it is stronger as a MM, it also allows NVH to travel from the engine to the frame. Last year I Installed Polyurethane Lower Control Arm bushings on my IS350, after that I could feel almost every imperfection in the road, and lots of noise and vibration. I switched them out for RCF LCA bushings which are harder than OEM but not as hard as Poly, and the road vibrations and additional NVH went away. Different parts, same principle.

Anyway, that's my best guess

OP
OP
Kydo1699

Kydo1699

First Name
Ankydow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Making a guess, I would say it's your Rear Motor mount. The bushings are Polyurethane, which is much harder than rubber and way less pliable. Although it is stronger as a MM, it also allows NVH to travel from the engine to the frame. Last year I Installed Polyurethane Lower Control Arm bushings on my IS350, after that I could feel almost every imperfection in the road, and lots of noise and vibration. I switched them out for RCF LCA bushings which are harder than OEM but not as hard as Poly, and the road vibrations and additional NVH went away. Different parts, same principle.

Anyway, that's my best guess
I would agree with you but I had this motor mount for a long time now and this issue just started a few days ago. Thanks for the response!

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Had a similar issue flashing my ECU. It was a reflash (Im using Hondata flash pro) and I didn't wait long enough for it to finish before I started the car. Flashed it again and waited 5 seconds after it it was done turned the car off, then started like normal and was fine and have been since. Had me a little worried. Sounded like my old STi when i started it lol.,

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I would agree with you but I had this motor mount for a long time now and this issue just started a few days ago. Thanks for the response!
Could be something changed in your setup that is causing a rougher Idle that you would not normally feel as much. With the DP/FP you should consider a custom tune, and not the canned TSP tune. I'm still leaning to your RMM, but again I'm just guessing

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Could be injectors. Post your fuel trim numbers

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Fuel looks good

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Maybe try reflashing the tune and a idle relearn. Disconnect the battery for like 30 min and let it idle up to temp.
Sponsored