Fog light kit install - warning for Canadian civics

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A heads up to anyone who is planning to purchase one of those plug and play fog light kits from amazon or ebay for their civics, the Canadian models are not pre-wired for fog lights. There are 2/3 spots for the plug in-connectors for the interior, the exterior does not have the pre-weird fogs behind the washer fluid.
Sponsored

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Hmm thanks for this I've been debating buying one. Did you gets yours installed?

OP
OP
supreme604

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it all myself, pretty easy task for someone who doesn't know a whole lot i must say. as of now, i just put the bulbs in but they are not wired. the kit I bought off eBay is all plug-in connectors which don't connect to anything. just gotta figure out how to wire them now :(

just found this post that confirms the fog lights are not prewired for canadian models; https://www.civicx.com/threads/canadian-fog-light-wiring-pre-installed.24973/

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Wait a minute so, if i have an EX without fogs but it has the fog light holes with the black round covers its not pre wired? Cause i was about to order the OEM fog light kit from the dealer.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think OP is right, if you look up under the dash by the pedals you can see the blue fog light wire with the brown connector right there taped to a black wire without anything plugged into it. Also looking at all the diagrams it looks like all the spots to plug everything in is under the dash. I'm not sure where it runs to but I'm going to order the cheaper kit from Amazon and I'll look around once it's here.

OP
OP
supreme604

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think OP is right, if you look up under the dash by the pedals you can see the blue fog light wire with the brown connector right there taped to a black wire without anything plugged into it. Also looking at all the diagrams it looks like all the spots to plug everything in is under the dash. I'm not sure where it runs to but I'm going to order the cheaper kit from Amazon and I'll look around once it's here.
yup, thats what i meant by 2 out of the 3 pin-connectors for the interior. but there is no pin connector for the foglights to connect to from the other side (diagrams show it as behind the washer fluid)

if you see em somewhere please keep me updated! coming from a 16 civic EX

the ones i ordered: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/for-2016-20...c46a863d:g:FkIAAOSwzhRZjXpA:rk:2:pf:0&vxp=mtr

OP
OP
supreme604

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait a minute so, if i have an EX without fogs but it has the fog light holes with the black round covers its not pre wired? Cause i was about to order the OEM fog light kit from the dealer.
my kit is an aftermarket one from ebay with the button so im not sure how the one from the dealer will work. it might also mean you gotta change the turn signal stalk to the one with the fog light

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@supreme604

Installed these today on my Canadian LX with the same aftermarket amazon kit. The wire is pre-run your dealer was incorrect:

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light kit install - warning for Canadian civics ZKPqC5n

It's just hanging out behind the washer fluid reservoir so you'll just need to remove the 3 10mm bolts holding it on to move it slightly out of the way for a second. The other end is at the driver foot well you'll see the brown connector.

The lights work great and auto off with my headlights at night after I turn off the car and if I switch the lights to "off" on the stalk it'll also turn the fogs off regardless of if the switch is on or not. So the car thinks it's OEM.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light kit install - warning for Canadian civics V4znBEd

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
How do you guys like the aftermarket fog light so far? The dealer qouted me $500 for the OEM fog light kit but damn thats pretty high, not feeling it atm but the cool thing is the stalk will have a on/off button for fogs when you get the OEM KIT.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have one...if i did it again I'd order it from a more reputable source maybe procivic or something idk either way I'd probably just go oem and install myself

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you guys like the aftermarket fog light so far? The dealer qouted me $500 for the OEM fog light kit but damn thats pretty high, not feeling it atm but the cool thing is the stalk will have a on/off button for fogs when you get the OEM KIT.
Just order from collegehills

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know why you'd bother for the oem at this price difference. They work great and use the same connectors so who cares. The only difference is the button on the left instead of it being on your stalk, which I actually like better anyways. If you leave your headlights on auto, if your headlights are off the fogs turn off too, it's cool.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I don't know why you'd bother for the oem at this price difference. They work great and use the same connectors so who cares. The only difference is the button on the left instead of it being on your stalk, which I actually like better anyways. If you leave your headlights on auto, if your headlights are off the fogs turn off too, it's cool.
Alright you made my mind :) but is this the kit you got?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/for-2016-20...rentrq:8d8a728d1680ad4b056a3661fff74c37|iid:1
Sponsored