Performance parts? Flashpro? Expected potential...?

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Got in touch with a contact at Hondata to see if they have any info they can tease now that the car is released.
I'll have to check and see if they have a Twitter handle.
Sponsored

RoryR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si, 2016 Volvo S60
Even new expensive cars by first owner can be completely riced out :(

Money doesn't buy taste that's for sure.

Honda Civic 10th gen Performance parts? Flashpro? Expected potential...? yas-marina-blue-bmw-m4-convertible-has-a-huge-tunk-wing-to-boast-with-photo-gallery_2
LOL. I worked here for a short time. Almost sure that was the car of a parachute baby. They are not so versed in vehicle modification. That M4 may be his first vehicle after getting a license.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
LOL. I worked here for a short time. Almost sure that was the car of a parachute baby. They are not so versed in vehicle modification. That M4 may be his first vehicle after getting a license.
The shop should be shut down for enabling him and helping him install that park bench spoiler :)

I've actually seen this car driving in Irvine by a young Asian guy, so parachute kid is probably a good guess. Lots of them in Irvine that's for sure. I've noticed the new M3 and M4 getting lots of over the top modifications.

Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing some tastefully modified 2016 Civics. I'm sure we'll see plenty of modified sedans and coupes at SEMA next year.

RoryR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si, 2016 Volvo S60
The shop should be shut down for enabling him and helping him install that park bench spoiler :)

I've actually seen this car driving in Irvine by a young Asian guy, so parachute kid is probably a good guess. Lots of them in Irvine that's for sure. I've noticed the new M3 and M4 getting lots of over the top modifications.
QUOTE]QUOTE][/
Haha, they're actually a very solid shop and most any E90 and newer BMW owner should go there for any and all work to their vehicle. Shops have to make their money and deal with the fact that a customer may not have good taste!

When I was with SP Engineering for a while, there were a great deal of parachute kids with GT-Rs that would come through. Lucky for everyone, they would allow me to guide them through various modifications. When their friends would come with however, I would see obnoxious wrap jobs and poorly fitted wheels often -_-

paracivic68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sedan 2013
of course,Europe gets the T1.5 already with 200+ hp!also because of there better quality of gas???This will still be the SI motor I gas over here.....that 2.0 T will be only for the type r and up coming Acura models but de-tuned versions of it......as the Accord will flip out the2.4 for this mill maybe later in 2017.....

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Just thought - how sick would it be to have non-hybrid Accords able to pull 40mpg hwy!

mugenx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
The 1.5L single scroll turbo is meant for fuel efficiency while having a bit of performance. I don't see this engine being used for anything more than getting decent gas mileage and the occasional sipping thru traffic or what not. I feel that modding this motor is a waste of money. I think basic bolt ons would help but you would need a solid tune since it's already mapped for fuel efficiency. I kind of feel like adding aftermarket mods would hurt the mpg and possibly the oem tune.

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Well I've been around long enough to know the after market doesn't lag far behind a popular new mode. Has anybody seen anything from anybody yet? Are guys with Euro CTR able to reflash or anything? Has Hondata gotten ahold of any of the new stuff yet?

Will the CivicX be the first to reverse the Hellaflush nonsense?

How much can guys get out of the new 1.5T? I'm thinking 300 is about the most street able, maybe more if it can take E85. Too many questions for one thread...
Hondata is working on a flashpro already for our car. One of their engineers has posted a couple videos already. Id say the issue with the civicx right now is how much can the cvt actually handle. Ive heard a 6mt is in the works so thats a good thing. I think with a good tune, full exhaust, and an intake the 1.5t is a low 14 to high 13 second car. Which in my opinion, is perfect for an everyday driver. I think it will still get amazing gas mielage. Im sure 42mpg will be out the window but probably still around 33-36 highway easy.

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Guys just wait for the manual transmission.

This one won't hold a ton more...

The 1.5T is going to be a fun platform to modify :)

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Guys just wait for the manual transmission.

This one won't hold a ton more...

The 1.5T is going to be a fun platform to modify :)
Agreed. I had to make a purchase and unfortunately the 6mt wasnt out yet but im enjoying the the car anyways!

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Agreed. I had to make a purchase and unfortunately the 6mt wasnt out yet but im enjoying the the car anyways!
Which is awesome! It's all about if you are happy, and if you are, that's all it's about ;)

My first car was my 98 sedan, it was automatic when I got it and I loved every second of it! Even won my first race before swapping it to a manual lol

Once the manual comes out, though, we'll be able to see how much the engine can handle

witojr120976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 2015 Acura TLX Tech.
I'm just going to enjoy my sedan until the Type R comes out and trade. I'm pretty sure that in order to get more HP out of the EX-T you will need a manual trans and a bigger turbo.

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just going to enjoy my sedan until the Type R comes out and trade. I'm pretty sure that in order to get more HP out of the EX-T you will need a manual trans and a bigger turbo.
That's a good choice if you can afford to upgrade that far. Even the SI will be a great upgrade.

The 1.5t has a lot of juice left in it though...at least the turbo does. Stock it's only putting out ~14psi...that can easily be pushed into the 20's.

The real components that I am worried about are the fuel system (mostly the HPFP) and the con-rods...but I have high hopes for this little bugger!

Civ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I was under the impression that the turbo was running at 16.5psi.
Sponsored