Macross

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan frontier, civic si
Country flag
Hey everyone, I thought I would post about the martelius exhaust I recently purchased and installed on my fk8. I'm not fancy so I don't have sound clips or decible meters.

I tried to do a lot of research and weigh the pros and cons of each system but it was really difficult. One person would love something, the next person would hate it etc. I loved the video martelius made with dream on YouTube. I tried to find more info on the system but I couldn't hardly find any. I tried asking dream and martelius themselves questions, but they were pretty unresponsive.

I took the plunge and ordered the system from dream. It took about a month to get and it came from the UK. Things seemed to go smoothly until it got here. There are now import duties on stuff coming from the UK and their website says you can pay with PayPal, but it wouldn't let me. You're suppose to be able to give the delivery driver a check, but it would never get that far along for me, they would just say we tried to deliver your package but they would never knock on my door. After about 3 missed attempts I finally was connected to the correct place, payed the additional $41.00 and ups STILL didnt deliver it. After many more calls and figuring out that it still said the fees were unpaid in their system I was able to figure out where the driver was and meet them on their route and show them the emailed receipt I had from UPS. It wasn't a moment too soon either because the box wouldn't have lasted another delivery attempt. One of the pipes was sticking out the side of the box at that point.

I unpacked it and to my amazement everything was ok. They sandwich the main muffler between expanded foam bags. The other parts are stainless but are not mirror polished like the muffler, so them banging around in the box didnt cause any harm. The system was easy to install everything seems to be high quality. One thing worth noting is that it doesnt come with a gasket to fit it to the factory front pipe, and the oem gasket wont work. You'll need to supply your own 3 hole I believe 2.5 inch gasket if your connecting it to the factory frontpipe. Install took me about 2 hours.

So I was really skeptical because martelius says in all of their videos I was able to find that the car they put the system on was totally stock. The one us customer I was able to find had a short low quality YouTube vid and in his comments he says the system has a lot of drone and he sold the system shortly after installing it and that it's really loud. I found this of course after I had placed my order. One thing I tried to figure out through asking a lot of questions... that were never answered was if the muffler had any packing inside. Well I'll tell ya, it doesn't. Basically this thing has a step up to 3" right after the 3 hole flange and is a straight shot all the way back to the muffler. Inside the muffler there is a 3 hole collector each of which leads to one of the three exhaust tips. Inside of the pipe that leads to the collector are two holes, one at the beginning of the muffler, and one right before the three hole collector.

Oh boy... just how loud is this thing going to be?

So being a skeptic I paid another 300 or so for the extra silencer/ resonator that they sell as an option. They recommend it if you are running a sport cat or cat less downpipe. I held off on installing it because I wanted to hear what it was like without it and the install wasn't difficult anyway.

I will say this, I'm very happy with the system. I'm not going to install the extra silencer / resonator. It actually does sound exactly like they promised. I don't think there's zero drone, but I think the drone is similar to the stock system. The total noise level inside the cabin is the same as stock I can carry on a conversation with my wife easily. The exhaust makes more noise at lower rpms and kinda growls and sounds mean, and then things level out at around 3500-4k rpm and it sounds more civilized. This is one situation where I wouldn't have believed it was possible but I am 100% satisfied and would purchase it again beyond the great aesthetics, just for the noise. After shipping and and import fees I believe it was a little over 2k. I think it was well worth it considering the starting point seems to be in the 1500 range. I wouldn't hesitate to take the car on a trip or anything.

If you are on the fence like I was I hope this gives you a little more confidence.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Id love to hear some sound clips. I thought about this exhaust for a bit but went will Milltek sport since that was the original exhaust I wanted from day one. Very happy with my milltek and I think the price was similar because I went with carbon tips. Any pics?

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
About to pull the trigger on this exhaust! How do you like yours?

OP
OP

Macross

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I honestly love it. My wife does too. Probably my favorite mod.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just mounted mine and it sits low, like yours does.. Not sure how Martelius got theirs so close to the bumper.. I thought maybe it's an issue with my car being a 2021, but I've seen videos, from around the world, of pre-2019 and post-2019 cars, and they have a similar kind of gap.. Just worried about scraping..

OP
OP

Macross

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have never scraped it. I didn't think it sat very low, I made sure it had an even gap all the way around the tips, side to side and up and down.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have never scraped it. I didn't think it sat very low, I made sure it had an even gap all the way around the tips, side to side and up and down.
Good to hear you havent scraped! The ones I've seen on YouTube, some are installed with the tips like 2-3 mm away from the bumper, and some are like ours.. 2"+ gap..

I reached out to Martelius.. They say this is a common issue on installation. If you loosen the mounting bolts, you should be able to position the muffler closer by adjusting the rubber hangers.

OP
OP

Macross

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The gap between my bumper and tips is only about an inch. But yes there's a ton of adjustment in all of the brackets on the muffler, so you can line it up like you want.

PmmFK8RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic type r
Country flag
Does any of you two have any videos of it??I ordered it and it’s on its way to me and I can’t wait for it to arrive?

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does any of you two have any videos of it??I ordered it and it’s on its way to me and I can’t wait for it to arrive?
I have some cameras and equipment coming in this week, so should be able to put some decent vids together very soon.

I also disconnected my ASC module.. it was legit making my center speaker vibrate/buzz, lol.

Sounds really good from the outside. Bit muted inside.. I suppose that's a good thing, lol.

With that being said, I'd like to add an fp to the setup and see if that deepens the tone.

Last edited:

PmmFK8RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic type r
Country flag
I have some cameras and equipment coming in this week, so should be able to put some decent vids together very soon.

I also disconnected my ASC module.. it was legit making my center speaker vibrate/buzz, lol.

Sounds really good from the outside. Bit muted inside.. I suppose that's a good thing, lol.

With that being said, I'd like to add an fp to the setup and see if that deepens the tone.
Any drone?Quite a few people said no drone, but also a few said that it drones a bit, I don’t know what to believe=))

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any drone?Quite a few people said no drone, but also a few said that it drones a bit, I don’t know what to believe=))
For me, I don't hear any drone. I've cruised around on the highway at speeds from 55 to 85 mph and haven't heard anything I would consider drone.
Sponsored