CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
I think anybody will tell you that the exhaust they chose "they love it". I've had quite a number of exhausts and heard many of friend's cars with different set ups. This one sounds decent in videos although a little generic, it sounds like a lot of other exhausts. My custom exhaust sounded a lot like it.

Funny enough those you mentioned, I've heard em all and I own the Legamax. They're really popular because they are some of the best sounding. The R400 is probably one of the exhaust with the deepest notes, it sounds awesome. (I've heard it both catted, catless, and stock downpipe) The Legamax you're right though is really tame with the stock downpipe, with an aftermarket one it is amazing though. It sounds quiet enough my lady doesn't mind it cruising, but man does it get loud and make an awesome sound at full throttle. The AWE sounds great too, I can understand why so many people have it.
That's interesting to me as it doesn't sound like really any other exhaust for the FK8 that I've heard.. at least online.. Haven't heard any aftermarket setups in-person.
Sponsored

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Martelius CBE for FK8.. Why not! 1630078803250

See that crimp/neck down at the forward flange?
That is an absolute DEAL BREAKER for me!

The pipe is only as good flowing as its smallest diameter section and I cannot pay good money to have a built in exhaust restriction, regardless of sound.

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1630078803250.png

See that crimp/neck down at the forward flange?
That is an absolute DEAL BREAKER for me!

The pipe is only as good flowing as its smallest diameter section and I cannot pay good money to have a built in exhaust restriction, regardless of sound.
There was a point in life where I would've came to the same conclusion.. But, I'm not trying to make every last ounce of power anymore.. The rest of the exhaust will stay as is. Because you're right. I see no point in going 'true' 3" on the CBE if I'm not going to upgrade the DP/FP. Had I planned to go full 3" TBE, I would've gone 27Won for the CBE since they have a 'true' 3" CBE using VBands. It's more expensive than the Martelius, but doesn't sound as good, to me, on it's own. Now paired with a DP, it sounds really good.. But, I'm not going that far with this car. Drop in filter, CBE, wheels/tires.. So, for my application, the Martelius fits me best.

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update!

I emailed Martelius for an update and Lauri informed me that the raw materials they needed finally came in and that my CBE is 'on the welder's table' and should 'ship very soon'.

Lauri responded within 12 hours (time diff). He was just as responsive when I had questions prior to purchasing their CBE. The customer support has been good so far.

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE!

Exhaust will be shipped out today! Should hopefully be here in a week or so. Will post pics and vids once installed.

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Waiting for some video equipment to come (Next week). I want to get a dome POV w/ audio from the bumper.. along with the flyby, cold start, etc.

It sounds really good from the outside. Can't hear it as well from the inside though. I'm guessing that's typical. No drone for me. I cruised at various speeds (55-85) and nothing I would call drone came up.

I heard my GF drive away in it and it sounds pretty aggressive for just a CBE. Lil burble on up shifts while it's still warming up (we always wait for the rpms to drop before we go anywhere).

I do want to add an fp for an even deeper tone. Should only be louder (volume wise) while getting on it, which I don't do unless I'm outside the neighborhoods.
Sponsored