First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
Okay,

I'm extra af, so since no one really has one of these in NA (only a handful of posts/videos on an FK8) it has some extra allure to it for me.. Emailed Martelius to inquire about shipping and how long it would take to receive. They were very quick to respond (just be mindful of the time difference as they're in Finland) and answered my questions..

1) After conversion, it'll be $1450~ USD, shipped to LV.
2) 5 week turnaround time.

Both of these are acceptable to me, so why not?!

Will take pics and get some vids (in cab, fly-by) once installed. I only have an AFE dry drop-in filter for engine mods, so should give a good idea of how their CBE sounds on it's own. There are a few vids on YT, but they're all Euro or SE Asia based.. None in North America.

Update: Martelius CBE will ship out, from Finland, today. No ETA as of yet, but should be 5-7 days, per Martelius. Great experience dealing with them so far. Received emails from Martelius and FedEx regarding my shipment.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ordered! Should be here beginning of October I'm hoping..

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered! Should be here beginning of October I'm hoping..
Oof. This exhaust seems so amazing from videos. Curious on your thoughts once you get it! Outside of the US, a 5 week lead time on a well-crafted product seems reasonable. Not to mention man a lot of decent exhausts for this car are like $1200+ so it's really a pretty good deal if you ask me. I was considering them as well but didn't want to wait lol.

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oof. This exhaust seems so amazing from videos. Curious on your thoughts once you get it! Outside of the US, a 5 week lead time on a well-crafted product seems reasonable. Not to mention man a lot of decent exhausts for this car are like $1200+ so it's really a pretty good deal if you ask me. I was considering them as well but didn't want to wait lol.
Yea.. It's the best sounding CBE, imo, for the FK8. They said normally it would only be 1-2 weeks, but they're having supply chain issues. The shipping itself, even the intl economy is only 3-5 days they said. Yea.. I figured for a few hundred more, it'd be worth it over say the AWE Touring or aFe Takeda (my #2 choice) just for the exclusivity, haha. AND it does have an awesome sound. Very reminiscent of a 90s WRC car when it bangs off the limiter. Will have pics and vid of course!

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Any idea if this exhaust has any drone to it? I was look at this on Dream's website a while back but couldn't find any info about drone on it.

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any idea if this exhaust has any drone to it? I was look at this on Dream's website a while back but couldn't find any info about drone on it.
Martelius states that it doesn't have drone. All the YT videos I've seen, both the people who purchased the exhaust and Martelius state that there is no drone. It doesn't sound like it would. Not like the R400 or aFe Takeda. Those you can tell from the jump are going to be boomy due to their deeper tone.. It was enough to convince me to try it out.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It looks and sounds like it would drone quite a bit. No mid resonator, large canister type muffler with no active sound control. Looks like it should be cheap.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
It looks and sounds like it would drone quite a bit. No mid resonator, large canister type muffler with no active sound control. Looks like it should be cheap.
Agreed, could be proven wrong at the end of the day, however it looks like it would be quite heavy and from the videos I did see of it was on the louder side of exhaust. To each their own though.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
drone is mostly associated from muffler design.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
drone is mostly associated from muffler design.
Without some type of active sound control, you just can't get loud without drone. Listen to the videos the exhaust has a quite loud and raspy note. I do think that with the stock downpipe though, most exhausts for the FK8 are pretty tame and quiet even if they appear loud on video. I can assure you that this one with an aftermarket downpipe would definitely be quite loud. I am also willing to bet it will have some drone even with the stock down pipe. Whether it is unbearable is up to the owner though.

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it sounds like it does in the videos, I won't mind a little drone. Stock exhaust sounds like Sam Kennison yelling profusely into a thick tempurpedic pillow. ASC is going away at the same time as well. No plans to go beyond a CBE and intake with regards to 'power' mods.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it sounds like it does in the videos, I won't mind a little drone. Stock exhaust sounds like Sam Kennison yelling profusely into a thick tempurpedic pillow. ASC is going away at the same time as well. No plans to go beyond a CBE and intake with regards to 'power' mods.
You went through quite a bit of trouble for it. Why were you so set on this one if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
CTRDre

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You went through quite a bit of trouble for it. Why were you so set on this one if you don't mind me asking?
It actually wasn't that much trouble. Couple of emails and clicks on their website. Now it's just waiting, but a lot of people are having to wait.. depending on which part they're trying to purchase. I like this exhaust because it's rare. One other person has a review on it here (he says the drone is negligible compared to stock) and he says he loves it.. his wife too, lol. My GF actually pushed me to get it.. I wanted to be cheap and hack everything off (all 3 resonators and the 2 mufflers) and just weld in a vibrant resonator, lol. But, I went the 'BOCO' route.. Buy Once, Cry Once.

It sounds like no other FK8 exhaust, at least to me. The only other exhausts that I kinda liked were all full of compromises the HKS Legamax (not aggressive enough), Invidia R400/AFE Takdea (drone monsters), Tomei Type D (I like my ears), AWE Touring (might as well be a pair of black Chucks).. All chock full'o flaws, lol.

I'm sure the Martelius has it's flaws as well, but it's a much lesser-known quantity, thus making it the most intriguing.. to me at least.

DUDE AND IT'S FROM FINLAND!! THOSE CATS ARE SERIOUS ABOUT DRIVING

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think anybody will tell you that the exhaust they chose "they love it". I've had quite a number of exhausts and heard many of friend's cars with different set ups. This one sounds decent in videos although a little generic, it sounds like a lot of other exhausts. My custom exhaust sounded a lot like it.

Funny enough those you mentioned, I've heard em all and I own the Legamax. They're really popular because they are some of the best sounding. The R400 is probably one of the exhaust with the deepest notes, it sounds awesome. (I've heard it both catted, catless, and stock downpipe) The Legamax you're right though is really tame with the stock downpipe, with an aftermarket one it is amazing though. It sounds quiet enough my lady doesn't mind it cruising, but man does it get loud and make an awesome sound at full throttle. The AWE sounds great too, I can understand why so many people have it.
Sponsored