Live Pics: Civic Type R at 2017 NYIAS

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
I understand this is a track oriented car but how come I have never heard any one say anything about other high end cars that come with insane amounts of tech, Ferrari/lambho for example. I love the car, and honestly not all of us will take it to the track. I personally like performance cars since they are more technologically advanced than most road cars. They are not just fast but meant to take a beating and survive harsh conditions. So a car that is designed for a track and has all the amenities of a DD is a plus. I used to own a Mugen Civic SI. For the price I paid I was an idiot. It had nothing in it. yes granted the suspension was stiff and the exhaust was wonderful (Not Obnoxious) but for the price tag it wasnt justified. Type R on the other hand has most of the things most people tend to upgrade right away. it has a set of decent rims, JDM Red Badging, Sports seats that actually look somewhat comfortable, the interior is not tacky or empty, a very nice sound system, apple/ android compatibility, push button start. I own a 2014 Civic Si sedan and I absolutely love the car( Specially the fact that it was push button start and keyless entry). its well equipped, its fun to drive, and its practical. I just wish type r was not limited and I am excited to see it at the AutoShow. Possibly the only reason for taking a trip down to NYC from DC this weekend. PS the led headlights I have been waiting for those since Acura has it and I was wondering how long before it would be introduced in the Honda Lineup specially Civics, soon we will have to get rid of the HID install Thread these forums.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I understand this is a track oriented car but how come I have never heard any one say anything about other high end cars that come with insane amounts of tech, Ferrari/lambho for example. I love the car, and honestly not all of us will take it to the track. I personally like performance cars since they are more technologically advanced than most road cars. They are not just fast but meant to take a beating and survive harsh conditions. So a car that is designed for a track and has all the amenities of a DD is a plus. I used to own a Mugen Civic SI. For the price I paid I was an idiot. It had nothing in it. yes granted the suspension was stiff and the exhaust was wonderful (Not Obnoxious) but for the price tag it wasnt justified. Type R on the other hand has most of the things most people tend to upgrade right away. it has a set of decent rims, JDM Red Badging, Sports seats that actually look somewhat comfortable, the interior is not tacky or empty, a very nice sound system, apple/ android compatibility, push button start. I own a 2014 Civic Si sedan and I absolutely love the car( Specially the fact that it was push button start and keyless entry). its well equipped, its fun to drive, and its practical. I just wish type r was not limited and I am excited to see it at the AutoShow. Possibly the only reason for taking a trip down to NYC from DC this weekend. PS the led headlights I have been waiting for those since Acura has it and I was wondering how long before it would be introduced in the Honda Lineup specially Civics, soon we will have to get rid of the HID install Thread these forums.
Because for the price you pay on those you EXPECT the technology. Ferrari and Lambo are way over priced for just the performance lone that you get and "craftsmanship" aside they are not known as QUALITY cars. They need checkups and regular maintenance all the time.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm ok with all of the tech features added into the vehicle, except possibly the comfort mode. If the car is truly comfortable and plush in comfort mode, they might have had to compromise and decrease the spring rates (the mode selector only affects damper settings; the spring characteristics are the same in all modes). I don't mind a super stiff suspension and as a matter of fact, I find a stiff ride more engaging to drive.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Price, release date, colors....come one Honda!! :banghead:
Colors been released
please show where the colours were released for the USDM... we saw colours for EDM but nothing official for USDM... I personally want to know the blue they will be offering here...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Because for the price you pay on those you EXPECT the technology. Ferrari and Lambo are way over priced for just the performance lone that you get and "craftsmanship" aside they are not known as QUALITY cars. They need checkups and regular maintenance all the time.
I am not disputing anything you said, i was just responding to the fact that some one said why 12 speakers lol. I dont particularly care about the hyper cars. They look nice and all but other than that I rather stick to something that I have complete confidence in.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Watched Hondapro Jason's video earlier and there were a few things that stood out that I saw or he'd mentioned. The aero bits are not carbon fiber, but a plastic much like the fog light bezel made to look like carbon fiber. 100 Type R's were destroyed for testing. Does that mean the first Type R being sold to the public will start with 101? When he'd started up the dash, it didn't have the Type R logo display, but I thought I saw it after he'd turned it off.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Watched Hondapro Jason's video earlier and there were a few things that stood out that I saw or he'd mentioned. The aero bits are not carbon fiber, but a plastic much like the fog light bezel made to look like carbon fiber. 100 Type R's were destroyed for testing. Does that mean the first Type R being sold to the public will start with 101? When he'd started up the dash, it didn't have the Type R logo display, but I thought I saw it after he'd turned it off.
10-15 sounds more realistic. A 100, hell no.

Last edited:

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
They may not have had Vin numbers so they didn't technically count. I bet the first few are going to be test cars for reviewers. So #1-maybe 12 may not actually get to customers hands except to be sold as used, or maybe kept when taken back to be put on display in Honda museums.
Sponsored