Newest 2017 Civic Type R Prototype Pics - September 5, 2016

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Will Honda have a live stream to their reveal of the Hatch and possible R in Paris?

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Not sure if the R will even be at Paris. Honda hasn't mentioned anything specific to the R. With 0 leaked images of the R in Paris, I am doubtful but hopeful at this point.

Also, I can't find any published times as to when Honda will be taking the stage.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Still no "leaks" of the CTR. Honda has been pretty good about keeping it on the down low. Was the base hatchback an early press photo session?

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
The base hatch photos were shown by Honda, yes. Not necessarily a press release per-say, just a 'here it is' type photo. Being that the only change was a body style, it didn't need a big platform, IMO. The Si and the R are hopefully on different playing fields, and will get their own stage. One can only hope anyways...

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I find it ironic that the US gets the early hatchback press info even though it's a European car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
They have to be making more than just the hatchback debut, it looks like they have a pretty big spot on the floor so I'm sure the type R will get unveiled.

Honda.png
Good find!
I thought they were also using Paris to unveil the Civic Sedan and RS or whatever they call it to the EU since they don't have it there yet.
Built in turkey btw.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm thinking more and more it will debut at the North American Auto Show in January, alongside a pre-production Si (or two). Honda is good at keeping secrets, but not THAT good lol.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Is the type r being reveal and release before the Si? Come on Honda don't keep us waiting much longer.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
I'm thinking more and more it will debut at the North American Auto Show in January, alongside a pre-production Si (or two). Honda is good at keeping secrets, but not THAT good lol.
Thats possible, but at the same time, neither the production NSX nor the Civic Concept from last year leaked. So we won't know till Thursday. I would think the buzz brought with a Type R Concept in a big show like Paris might actually help bring attention to the basic hatch that nobody really cares about. Kidding.