KTuner & Vit = Legends

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
All I have to say is @KTuner and @VitViper are freaking legends. This car feels absolutely incredible with the stage 1 tune and I’m not even pushing the car. I was looking more for no hesitation, no lag and no rev hang and I got it. This isn’t even tailored to my own car yet through custom tuning and it’s a night and day difference.

I’m one who rarely goes WOT and I have a grin on my face the entire time. The one time I did give it gas it responded like a hickory blistering your backside. Instant. I love it. Thank you so much for the work you guys do. Shifting is smoother and feels easier, the cruise control switch works like a charm. So thanks. Thanks. THANKS.
Sponsored

Phoenix SI

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
All I have to say is @KTuner and @VitViper are freaking legends. This car feels absolutely incredible with the stage 1 tune and I’m not even pushing the car. I was looking more for no hesitation, no lag and no rev hang and I got it. This isn’t even tailored to my own car yet through custom tuning and it’s a night and day difference.

I’m one who rarely goes WOT and I have a grin on my face the entire time. The one time I did give it gas it responded like a hickory blistering your backside. Instant. I love it. Thank you so much for the work you guys do. Shifting is smoother and feels easier, the cruise control switch works like a charm. So thanks. Thanks. THANKS.
Glad to hear yet another positive review about Vit & Ktuner. I spoke with one of our elite sponsors on the phone recently and said good things about Hondata, but Ktuner was the way to go hands down on these 1.5T’s and ofc with the great work of Vit as well. I’ll be ordering mine with the turbo front/downpipes shortly. Thanks for the feedback!

riv21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid, Ktuner Stage 1
Just piggy backing on what was said already holy crap night and day difference from stock. Received my stage 1 tune last night from Vit and installed it this morning no rev hang, instant power and more torque since its my day off today I will be enjoying this all day many thanks to Ktuner and Vit for an amazing job !!!!

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
As someone who has been custom e-tuned I can say that while the Stage 1 SI tune is very good it doesn't hold a candle to what a custom tune can do for these cars!

riv21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid, Ktuner Stage 1
As someone who has been custom e-tuned I can say that while the Stage 1 SI tune is very good it doesn't hold a candle to what a custom tune can do for these cars!

Nice something to look foward to later. I am assuming the way to take advantage of a custom tune is by adding bolt ons ? How much of a difference did it make ? Any clutch slippage ?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I’d recommend doing your bolt ons then getting the custom tune. That’s the route I’ll be going but it’ll be awhile.

Nice something to look foward to later. I am assuming the way to take advantage of a custom tune is by adding bolt ons ? How much of a difference did it make ? Any clutch slippage ?

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I was custom tuned on a CVT car. I personally wouldn't bother going custom tune without a clutch upgrade at a minimum. I'd say the stage 1 OTS tune is the limit-at least for me-without supporting mods. i.e clutch

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Thanks! The Stage tunes are designed to be a nice improvement while being conservative within Honda's OEM parameters. On custom tunes we can get more aggressive (if fuel/engine allows) with the extra settings we can tune, if the customer so chooses.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I see that the Stage 1 tune is running around 300 wtq according to Vit's thread. My two primary questions are:

1) Is running 300 wtq safe for the engine long term? Seems on the higher side.

2) Can the stock clutch really handle 300 wtq? I recall Madmatt posting a video about his stock clutch slipping at less than that (EX-T, but still, same clutch)

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought stage 1 was around 250 and stage 2 with the extra mods was 300

I see that the Stage 1 tune is running around 300 wtq according to Vit's thread. My two primary questions are:

1) Is running 300 wtq safe for the engine long term? Seems on the higher side.

2) Can the stock clutch really handle 300 wtq? I recall Madmatt posting a video about his stock clutch slipping at less than that (EX-T, but still, same clutch)

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
The stock clutch seems to hold up fine around 280wtq. You’ll want a new clutch after you go past that. And if you got the upgraded clutch, you can go up to 320-340wtq and it would totally be reliable dialy, assuming you don’t beat the shit out of your car.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag