@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Hello everyone. I am looking at installing the Mishimoto Cold Air Intake and was wondering if this would void my warranty. I have done extensive research on how warranties can and cannot be voided, and am aware of the federal act that protects against this but wanted to check with the community to see if anyone has ran into issues specific with CAI's. I purchased a 100k mile warranty and don't want to risk voiding it over a air intake.
Sponsored

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
It’s dealer specific. Contact dealer.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Short answer: Only if they can loosely prove the CAI caused the problem.
Long answer: Maybe, but only for stuff directly related to it

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
MUST READ: I recently had a black 2018 Si Coupe with an Injen CAI. I live in Paramus, NJ which NEVER experiences flooding. Well, on July 6th we had this freak storm with torrential rain, hail, wind,...it was crazy. I went to 7/11 for a friggin protein bar and when I took the off ramp to get off the highway, there was 2 feet of water. That CAI sucked up water like one of those big ass McDonald's straws and my engine was hydrolocked. It was DONE. The car was totaled. Luckily there was additional flood damage to the car and mold became an issue so GEICO covered it as it was an act of God. So as I type this, I am looking out into my driveway at my new white 2020 Si Coupe which will NOT have a "true" CAI. However, I am looking into the PRL Stage 1 intake for $85 that goes nowhere near the bottom of the engine bay.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
MUST READ: I recently had a black 2018 Si Coupe with an Injen CAI. I live in Paramus, NJ which NEVER experiences flooding. Well, on July 6th we had this freak storm with torrential rain, hail, wind,...it was crazy. I went to 7/11 for a friggin protein bar and when I took the off ramp to get off the highway, there was 2 feet of water. That CAI sucked up water like one of those big ass McDonald's straws and my engine was hydrolocked. It was DONE. The car was totaled. Luckily there was additional flood damage to the car and mold became an issue so GEICO covered it as it was an act of God. So as I type this, I am looking out into my driveway at my new white 2020 Si Coupe which will NOT have a "true" CAI. However, I am looking into the PRL Stage 1 intake for $85 that goes nowhere near the bottom of the engine bay.
I was also looking for an alternative to a CAI as I live in Canada and ontop of snow and slush, we get quite a bit of rain here in the fall and spring.

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really appreciate all the advice guys! The whole reason I'm thinking the Mishimoto is that it is almost a ram air intake with a heat sheild so it is considered a CAI. I live in PA and am not risking it in the winter AT ALL. lol

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was also looking for an alternative to a CAI as I live in Canada and ontop of snow and slush, we get quite a bit of rain here in the fall and spring.
Mishimoto my man. It mounts where the stock air intake is.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I bought a PRL cobra cai. And also bought PRL short ram bracket. I run the short ram during hurricane seasons then switch it to Cobra CAI

Honda Civic 10th gen Will a CAI void my Honda Warranty? 5A1D0756-CB9C-430E-A932-B7CD4B14B926

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Father in law has an STI with basically every bolt on. He gets it every item installed at Subaru. They told him as long as a certified suby dealer installs the part, it won’t void his warranty bc Suby installed its property.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The link you sent was for a cold air intake. I can not have the inlet that low in the engine bay.
The inlet is toward the fender but the filter sits up high in the slotted custom airbox minimizing the chance of hydrolock. That's the big selling point of this hybrid system. A true CAI has the filter itself down low where hydrolock is more of a possibility.

Here's a great read on the design of this intake:

https://www.27won.com/blog/27won-honda-civic-intake-design-breakdown

Last edited:

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The link you sent was for a cold air intake. I can not have the inlet that low in the engine bay.
The 27won intake has a slit in the airbox portion so If the lower inlet is ever submerged it can still pull fresh air in from the top.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
The 27won intake has a slit in the airbox portion so If the lower inlet is ever submerged it can still pull fresh air in from the top.
Good to know. Certainly appearance wise it is much nicer to look at than the PRL or Mishimoto.
Sponsored