TSP Stage 1+ ?

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Get a cold air intake, bigger intercooler,fp/dp, 27won turbo inlet pipe race or street your choice with this tune it’s crazy quick if your going super sain this is where i get off. Good catch on recovering the ecu it happened to me too?
You weren't responding to me, but I did have a question or two. I've already got my intake down, PRL intercooler (not installed yet), waiting on delivery of my RV6 catted downpipe, tunes out the wazoo, but are a front pipe and TIP worth it? Outside of bragging rights that is.
Sponsored

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
You weren't responding to me, but I did have a question or two. I've already got my intake down, PRL intercooler (not installed yet), waiting on delivery of my RV6 catted downpipe, tunes out the wazoo, but are a front pipe and TIP worth it? Outside of bragging rights that is.
Depends on your likes and mostly climate conditions rule 1 turbos don’t like more heat or any heat period. In my case yes i have the power no im not tuned via a reputable tuner but i have talked to one in Ga and I was told unless your going beyond the power band these cars will only do so much on limited HP gains without Nos. Depends on what you want is what im getting at and how deep are you willing to go & spend on a 1.5L engine (more air more power) these cars are very limited on how much whp you can add to it. Just an oversized go cart

Yamz95

First Name
Yamir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hey guys, just installed the tsp stage 1+ tune 2 days ago and was idling in a parking lot for about 15-20 minutes and my mpg dropped from 20ish to the 9.8 in the picture, is that normal? Stfi was around -6-7% and ltfi was around -2%. I’m fairly new to this and wanted some clarification from those who’ve been tuned awhile. Was on map 2

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 1+ ? 06CAEAB1-E626-4EB7-B68A-B3DA55153343

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, just installed the tsp stage 1+ tune 2 days ago and was idling in a parking lot for about 15-20 minutes and my mpg dropped...
I underlined the key words. Hope that helps.

Yamz95

First Name
Yamir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I underlined the key words. Hope that helps.
I definitely get that idling would eat gas, but before the tune I’d idle for that amount of time and it would drop maybe 5mpg at the most from low 30s to high 20s, it dropped 12mpg, just wanted to see if that big a drop is to be expected. Again I’m new to tuning.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Remember, some of it will depend on your trip mileage.

In other words, if someone had driven 300 miles on a tankful and then idled for 20 minutes, the computer wouldn't show a huge drop. If they'd only driven 50 miles and idled for 20 minutes, the computer would show a much bigger mpg dropoff from the idling.

I've been tuned nearly four years and at idle mpg the dropoff is about the same as stock.

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Remember, some of it will depend on your trip mileage.

In other words, if someone had driven 300 miles on a tankful and then idled for 20 minutes, the computer wouldn't show a huge drop. If they'd only driven 50 miles and idled for 20 minutes, the computer would show a much bigger mpg dropoff from the idling.

I've been tuned nearly four years and at idle mpg the dropoff is about the same as stock.
I was thinking about that too.

Does reflashing reset the mileage counter? If so, that would explain it.
Sponsored