The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
@Enzym

5AN-*** is the important number. It's a non-issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Enzym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport CVT Polished Metal Metallic
Country flag
Ok so, Ktuner answered me really quickly! He said; Open other version.
Now there are all the parameters with the ECU software ***-C73 not the C75.

Just for info here some screenshot from ktuner application (i can select 2 software, that's why i'm waiting for the Phearable 1.5 tune!

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) Sans titre

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_0327

Bona

First Name
Bona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2020
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 1 month

Tuned miles driven: 300

Tuning device(s) used:
KTuner V2

Tunes used: running de default dual setup 19/23 psi on sport mode.

Fuel used: 91

Additional related mods: So far just HKS BOV and Eibach Sportline Lowering springs

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Usually on the speed limit, some speeding when later hours and no traffic around.

Tune experience notes: The KtunerV2 was a huge upgrade, rev hang delete and overall smoothness and responsiveness of the car is night and day.

bluerazz

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Just bought an si this past month, figure I’d make an account and join in on the tuning fun!

Vehicle: 2017 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 2 weeks

Tuned miles driven: ~1000miles (102,417 mi)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Ktuner basemap- factory/21psi

Fuel used: 91 octane (highest octane available in my state)

Additional related mods: Unknown exhaust, PRL Cobra CAI

Problems/issues: No issues with driveability. Ltft drops pretty low in the negatives while cruising. When stopped and idling, it climbs back to zero. I will post a log with cold start and different driving to hear everyone else’s opinion!

Driving style: Daily driver, pretty chill but occasional pulls to get through traffic. Weather too cold for canyon driving right now.

Tune experience notes: I just bought the car at 99k miles. It came with what I understood to be stock everything besides an unknown exhaust, and some lowering springs (they are red). I bought a PRL intake and ktuner from a friend who was going back to stock to sell his car. For now I am running the ktuner basemap (which is a significant difference from the factory tune!!) until I decide between Phearable and TSP OTS tunes. (Does anyone know if it’s okay to run 91 octane on these tunes? It’s the highest available for me (Salt lake City area).

Excited to continue the build and share progress as I go!

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_3363

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_3096

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@bluerazz, you could run a TSP 1 on 91 but the elevated knock control would limit power a bit. Do you have any access to E85? Post your log here in standard .kdlg format in a zip file. A good log would be 20+ minutes of mixed driving with a pull or two.

@Bona, consider ditching the BOV. The sound isn't worth the potential long term issues. Something like a PRL Cobra CAI is a much smarter choice. The stock BPV will maintain a proper A/F mixture at all times. A vent to atmosphere BOV won't. Basically, every time you let off throttle, you'll run super rich. Over the long haul this can cause issues.

Last edited:

bluerazz

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@bluerazz, you could run a TSP 1 on 91 but the elevated knock control would limit power a bit. Do you have any access to E85? Post your log here in standard .kflg format in a zip file.

@Bona, consider ditching the BOV. The sound isn't worth the potential long term issues. Something like a PRL Cobra CAI is a much smarter choice. The stock BPV will maintain a proper A/F mixture. A vent to atmosphere BOV won't. Basically, every time you let off throttle, you'll run super rich. Over the long haul this can cause issues.
They took down the closest pump to me. Word is that there might be a new one up, but not until the summer.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, drive on the current base map until then. At the point you have E85 access, you can add 1.5 gallons of E85 per tankful. That would essentially get you to 93-ish and you could properly run the superb Phearable 1.5R or TSP 1 (or 1+) tunes.

The base maps pale in comparison to the those tunes.

bluerazz

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So, drive on the current base map until then. At the point you have E85 access, you can add 1.5 gallons of E85 per tankful. That would essentially get you to 93-ish and you could properly run the superb Phearable 1.5R or TSP 1 (or 1+) tunes.
Thank you for the speedy reply! Just to clarify. I can run that amount of mixture without a flex fuel kit or anything?
also, in your opinion, would getting a custom tune (etune) for 91 be a better option then relying on mixing all the time? Appreciate everything you do brother

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1-1.5 gallons does not require a flex fuel kit.

As far as an e-tune, with something as basic as a street MAF CAI as your only bolt-on, you'll be fine on the OTS tunes. I mean, sure a custom 91 tune for $500 is great but I'd try the splash of E85 setup with the OTS tune first.

And Phearable offers a "revision service" for $99. If you buy one of their off the shelf tunes and down the road you add more bolt ons, they'll re-do your tune file to run better with the new mods.

Last edited:

bluerazz

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
1-1.5 gallons does not require a flex fuel kit.

As far as an e-tune, with something as basic as a street MAF CAI as your only bolt-on, you'll be fine on the OTS tunes. I mean, sure a custom 91 tune for $500 is great but I'd try the splash of E85 setup with the OTS tune first.

And Phearable offers a "revision service for $99. If you buy one of their off the shelf tunes and down the road you add more bolt ons, they'll re-do your tune file to run better with the new mods.
Seems like phearable might be the way to go for me then, with the tune revisions. Appreciate you! I’ll get a data log here soon and you can take a look at it. Thanks again

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if you saw my edited version of my log post. Do a log by driving 20+ minutes after warmup. Mixed driving (some cruising, some stops) and a pull or two. Post it here in standard .kdlg format (in a .zip file).

Enzym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Hatchback Sport CVT

Current miles: 102 000km

Total tuned time: 1 days

Tuned miles driven: 60km

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v1.2 + Tunerview Lite

Tunes used: Starter Dual Target 21 PSI

Fuel used: 91 Esso (K.Cont good for now with base tune)

Additional related mods: None

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time. I'm going to have to control myself because with the tune the car is really awake and it makes me want to give it some.

Tune experience notes: Overall the factory tune is mediocre at best. (gtman)
WOW WTF I feel that the car is asking for it, there is almost no turbo lag anymore.
This is my first car that I feel like that she pushes me into the car seat at 3/4+ throttle.
I love Tunerview Lite for monitoring in real time!
Unfortunately I don't speak English so it's a bit difficult to explain lol, just try it!

Notes: I will update soon, I just received my Phearable 1.5 tune at midnight!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're enjoying it. See what I mean about the factory tune being mediocre?

Wait til you get the Phearable tune. It's much more refined than the base maps. More top end and a gentler low end torque curve to protect the CVT. You'll need to give it a bit deeper push of the throttle at times (you'll see what I mean).

Enzym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh yeah, it's not the same car at all!

I'm really looking forward to trying it and also not hesitating to put too much pressure on the throttle from a stop will make me love this civic even more.

Last edited:

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 1 month

Tuned miles driven: 300

Tuning device(s) used:
KTuner V2

Tunes used: running de default dual setup 19/23 psi on sport mode.

Fuel used: 91

Additional related mods: So far just HKS BOV and Eibach Sportline Lowering springs

Driving style: Usually on the speed limit, some speeding when later hours and no traffic around.

Tune experience notes: The KtunerV2 was a huge upgrade, rev hang delete and overall smoothness and responsiveness of the car is night and day.
BOV is terrible... not gonna lie though I've thought of making my car run like crap just to hear what that HKS SSQ would sound like on my car lol. BUT have you used the recirculation kit? or using the plate adapter for VTA?
Sponsored