Sold 2017 Sonic Blue Pearl Hatch - Purchased 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This is the point I was trying to make earlier. I don't think the Sport is as good as the Si on a performance standpoint like a track and what not but in a str8 line it can keep up, I have no doubt. It's like a Civic Si Lite -lol
Good description. Civic Si Lite! They really are great cars and with the massive rebates, they become an even better deal. Two main issues are resale price down the road, where you're going to take it in the arse. And the gas mileage is terrible. Only on highway with CC set at 70 or below is it decent. And even then just decent. That 1.6 isn't nearly as efficient as the Honda 1.5. Too bad.

Nice that you got out of your car without taking a bath. They made some money on you, but you're happy and obviously they were willing to do the deal so they are happy. There's a few performance places where you can upgrade and get really close to the Si right off the bat.

Going to have to argue about the stock base stereo system though. I think it's pretty bad. But I agree the Premium Package just isn't worth it for what you get. For about $800 you can get a decent aftermarket in dash system and upgraded speakers and you'll be better than Premium.

Congrats and enjoy your new ride!
Sponsored

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A Si is slightly quicker than a cvt sport 0-40 but the sport catches back up 40-70.. The Si really isn't so special any more.

This is the point I was trying to make earlier. I don't think the Sport is as good as the Si on a performance standpoint like a track and what not but in a str8 line it can keep up, I have no doubt. It's like a Civic Si Lite -lol

OP
OP
mb411

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport, Sonic Pearl, CVT, 20% Tint all around, Aftermarket HID 6k kit
Country flag
A Si is slightly quicker than a cvt sport 0-40 but the sport catches back up 40-70.. The Si really isn't so special any more.
Talking about the elantra sport dct, not the sport civic

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
Yikes! I hope Hyundai has changed in recent years. I've never heard anything good about them but i wish you luck its a good looking car!
Kia is rated by Consumer Reports as the number three most reliable brand sold in the US.
Hyundai is #10, Honda #9 and Acura is #19.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ion/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

These reliability ratings are based on actual car owner's experiences over the years that they own the cars (it isn't just "initial quality"). Other than Toyota/Lexus, the Korean makes are at least as reliable over the years as any Japanese marque.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Kia is rated by Consumer Reports as the number three most reliable brand sold in the US.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ion/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

These reliability ratings are based on actual car owner's experiences over the years that they own the cars (it isn't just "initial quality"). Other than Toyota/Lexus, the Korean makes are at least as reliable over the years as any Japanese marque.

Interesting ... what's with that Volester then? I like the looks but heard it's nightmarish quality like Jeep and Beetle? Would I be incorrect? Some word of mouth really "sticks" ... my assumption is that every Volkswagen will have electrical issues ... Now I hear that the Ford's are blowing up ...

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
Interesting ... what's with that Volester then? I like the looks but heard it's nightmarish quality like Jeep and Beetle? Would I be incorrect? Some word of mouth really "sticks" ... my assumption is that every Volkswagen will have electrical issues ... Now I hear that the Ford's are blowing up ...
If you look at the list carefully, you will notice that Hyundai fell three places from the previous year. That is probably why Honda went up by one place.

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag

Honestly Id say take all of these lists with a grain of salt. Every company's is totally different. I've seen KIA at the very bottom on most of them, I've seen Mazda at the top in some. They are all over the place.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Honestly Id say take all of these lists with a grain of salt. Every company's is totally different. I've seen KIA at the very bottom on most of them, I've seen Mazda at the top in some. They are all over the place.
Trying not to sound like a fanboy, but the Civic got dinged on reliability rating because the infotainment was rated "poor" (complaint is warranted, given the issues at launch). However, other components were rated "excellent". That's like failing 10th grade because you got a C in PE class.

On the other hand, the Korean brands are trying hard to shake off the unreliability stigma. You can tell the difference in build quality in the recent models.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Why are some of you guys so reluctant to give Hyundai/Kia their due? They now make reliable quality cars for the most part. Where Honda has them generally beat is in suspension tuning. Hyundai was smart enough to recently hire the head of BMW's tuning division to run theirs.

JD Power does an initial quality rating. Basically this shows build quality from the factory. Kia has been #1 for two years straight and Hyundai is in the top 10. Honda is way down the list.
http://www.statesman.com/business/p...itial-quality-ratings/jC4khhif77CCKH9Nc0gFPM/

That doesn't mean Honda doesn't engineer a great car. They do... but quality control has slipped a little where the Koreans have improved. Long term reliability should be good on most Hondas, Kias and Hyundais.

Like I've said, this isn't the 80's anymore.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah of course. My Elantra GT was heavily modified (K&N cold air intake, Borla exhaust, suspension stuff, etc). I can only tell you that I've owned Hyundai, Honda and Kia products and have been happy with all of them.

RomelM12

World's 1st Widebody FK7
First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude Type SH, 2008 Honda Accord EX-L, 2012 Hyundai Elantra Ltd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're gonna regret it when you see the shitty fuel economy hyundai's get. I owned a 2012 Elantra Ltd. It was advertised at 40mpg. My absolute best was 28. My average was 22.

The Civic Sport 6MT advertises 38 highway. I consistently get that or more (48 mpg being my highest).

wheels

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic lx hatchback MT black
Country flag
Nice looking car man! I was seriously considering getting a Hyundai Elantra hatchback before I settled on the Civic.

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was between the Si, the manual Sport Hatch, and the manual Elantra sport.

The exhaust note on the Elantra was amazing compared to the Si.. but I have owned Honda’s my whole life as has my father, (including 3 320,000+ accords, his last hit ~430,000)

Ultimately went with the Si, because Honda, resale value, overal styling, and a much better sales experience (plus free oil changes and car wash for life of car).

Wish the Si exhaust sounded similar the Elantra
Sponsored