So I'm fairly certain the TCS button doesn't fully disengage traction control.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one that thinks it's almost comical to have to do this complex sequence every time you need to switch this off?
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Precisely. Thanks for rewording it. Works great. Doubt I'll ever try it in the snow though... I'm wondering if when it's disabled it still applies the brakes during turning to keep the car's traction going.
I know. What is or isn't disengaged, or relaxed seems to be a big mystery. I've looked at all of the Honda white papers and they only allude to changes in the system.

All we can do is push the button, and guess by the feel at what's going on.

dphillips254

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord LX CVT
Hello,

I've got a plain vanilla 2015 Accord LX CVT, and the brake/VSA button procedure doesn't seem to work for me. Can anyone confirm they have gotten this to work with the CVT trans in their Civic? Wondering if the hack is MT specific.

I can't find an account anywhere on the 'net of this working on the 9th gen Accord, so I'm thinking the hack just isn't built into the ECU on these cars...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts! The nannying gets in the way of my enjoyment of the car on occasion. Not a huge deal, but exiting a bend when at the limits of adhesion, there's always a moment's hesitation before power comes on again.

Darin Phillips
Madison, WI

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,

I've got a plain vanilla 2015 Accord LX CVT, and the brake/VSA button procedure doesn't seem to work for me. Can anyone confirm they have gotten this to work with the CVT trans in their Civic? Wondering if the hack is MT specific.

I can't find an account anywhere on the 'net of this working on the 9th gen Accord, so I'm thinking the hack just isn't built into the ECU on these cars...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts! The nannying gets in the way of my enjoyment of the car on occasion. Not a huge deal, but exiting a bend when at the limits of adhesion, there's always a moment's hesitation before power comes on again.

Darin Phillips
Madison, WI
Works all the time with my civic. I even keep the procedure in the window visor clip to referance it when I need to
Sponsored