Short ram vs cold air

Hondatec5131

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si sedan
Hey guys, I just purchased by 17 civic si sedan (fc1). I looking to get an intake and I just want to ask the age old question of CAI vs the SRI. This is my first turbo car, and just looking for opinions I know the intercooler does a lot of the cooking but people say there is still heat soak. But at the same time I wanna be able to drive in the rain and not suck up water with a CAI. Let me know your opinions and what you have on your car I’d like to hear from SI guys.
Sponsored

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
Hey guys, I just purchased by 17 civic si sedan (fc1). I looking to get an intake and I just want to ask the age old question of CAI vs the SRI. This is my first turbo car, and just looking for opinions I know the intercooler does a lot of the cooking but people say there is still heat soak. But at the same time I wanna be able to drive in the rain and not suck up water with a CAI. Let me know your opinions and what you have on your car I’d like to hear from SI guys.
I can't comment since I'm not an Si guy but if the intercooler can sit low (right behind bumper) and get cooled without low-lying water bothering it, couldn't the CAI work similarly and let cooler air in and not injest water? Same concept.

OP
OP
Hondatec5131

Hondatec5131

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si sedan
Anyone can comment I just wanted to hear from si guys cause it is more applicable to me as to a non si. That being said the intercooler is a sealed unit and wouldn’t be bother by water. But on the other hand the CAI is a filter which are known for taking in water. And causing running rough conditions to to water being sprayed acros the vehicles MAF sensor. I just didn’t know if any guys were having that issue. And what intakes everyone is using

jgooooo

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, Miata NA
I’m still waiting on my PRL CAI. Do a search, they post here regularly with information about their product !

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Hondatec5131

Hondatec5131

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si sedan
I have been check in out the PRL intake. Looks like a decent CAI. Kseriesparts.com is running a deal on a injen CAI and hondata for 899.00 which is a good deal. I’m looking at PRL front pipe and DP combo as wel.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag