ZuesDs

First Name
Muntasar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
Hi all , i wish if someone can help me with my problem. i have a civic si 2018.
so i had a resonator delete a few month ago and i had a Check Engine Light for O2 sensor, i changed one of the sensors and the same CEL kept popping up. after i checked in a garage they say that i have to do catless delete because my pipe like broken or stuck i don't know , so if i do it without a tune will it be fine? i will live with the CEL but the car are not facing any issues??
Sponsored

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi all , i wish if someone can help me with my problem. i have a civic si 2018.
so i had a resonator delete a few month ago and i had a Check Engine Light for O2 sensor, i changed one of the sensors and the same CEL kept popping up. after i checked in a garage they say that i have to do catless delete because my pipe like broken or stuck i don't know , so if i do it without a tune will it be fine? i will live with the CEL but the car are not facing any issues??
I'm confused. Have you done anything else to the exhaust or just the resonator delete? Deleting a resonator shouldn't throw an O2 sensor code cause those are way up stream on the downpipe. Also what exactly are they telling you you need done now with the cat delete

OP
OP
ZuesDs

ZuesDs

First Name
Muntasar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
I'm confused. Have you done anything else to the exhaust or just the resonator delete? Deleting a resonator shouldn't throw an O2 sensor code cause those are way up stream on the downpipe. Also what exactly are they telling you you need done now with the cat delete
So i had this problem since i had an accident in the front. i fixed the car and changed one O2 sensor but still CEL kept popping , and they are telling me to do cat delete because my front pipe is damaged . does doing this will fix my car?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
So i had this problem since i had an accident in the front. i fixed the car and changed one O2 sensor but still CEL kept popping , and they are telling me to do cat delete because my front pipe is damaged . does doing this will fix my car?
Probably not. Do you have photos of the damage? what code is the ECU throwing?

OP
OP
ZuesDs

ZuesDs

First Name
Muntasar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
Probably not. Do you have photos of the damage? what code is the ECU throwing?
i don't remember the code but its about the O2 sensor , i will check again and send it .

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
So the cat is on the downpipe. The frontpipe is connected to the downpipe but at the bottom under the engine. The downpipe is where the cat and O2 sensors are. If you do a cat delete the CEL will never go away unless you have a tuner such as KTuner or Flashpro to turn it off. If the downpipe is damaged and that's why they're telling you to do a cat delete, you'd be better off just buying a new downpipe. A catless downpipe won't pass inspection so it would need to be catted. Also yes a picture of the damage would be beneficial so we can see exactly what the issue is. It would've had to have been a pretty serious accident to damage the downpipe cause the radiator and a/c condenser are in front of it. Honestly if it's not much trouble to you I would get a second opinion from another garage as well

OP
OP
ZuesDs

ZuesDs

First Name
Muntasar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
So the cat is on the downpipe. The frontpipe is connected to the downpipe but at the bottom under the engine. The downpipe is where the cat and O2 sensors are. If you do a cat delete the CEL will never go away unless you have a tuner such as KTuner or Flashpro to turn it off. If the downpipe is damaged and that's why they're telling you to do a cat delete, you'd be better off just buying a new downpipe. A catless downpipe won't pass inspection so it would need to be catted. Also yes a picture of the damage would be beneficial so we can see exactly what the issue is. It would've had to have been a pretty serious accident to damage the downpipe cause the radiator and a/c condenser are in front of it. Honestly if it's not much trouble to you I would get a second opinion from another garage as well
Thank you for your replay my friend. I don't have a picture of the accident but after it happened i fixed the radiator and the cooler. I just wish i know what causing the CEL to go on, i will see another garage and check my car with them .

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Thank you for your replay my friend. I don't have a picture of the accident but after it happened i fixed the radiator and the cooler. I just wish i know what causing the CEL to go on, i will see another garage and check my car with them .
It's always good to get a second opinion just in case. I hope they're able to help you out. Good luck

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You can always buy a good obd2 scan tool.

It could give you more info on the codes. And will more than likely come in handy during the lifetime of your current or future vehicles as well.

OP
OP
ZuesDs

ZuesDs

First Name
Muntasar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
You can always buy a good obd2 scan tool.

It could give you more info on the codes. And will more than likely come in handy during the lifetime of your current or future vehicles as well.
Thank you i will buy one.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It could be a damaged wire, it could be the other O2 sensor (there's 2), it could be the accident rattled the downpipe hard enough to damage the honeycomb and clogging up the catalyst. I'd get a second opinion because a cat delete is not going to fix a cel.
Sponsored