Post your top speed...

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
And I'm going to post AGAIN and reiterate that I mean no offense by my post, just making a point. I want to make absolutely clear I'm not attacking you over this so that there is zero misunderstanding.

Clearly you've been on the forum longer than I am and you know how it works.
Sponsored

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Does this forum have any mods? Can you report threads?

http://www.civicx.com/threads/civicx-forum-rules-and-user-agreement.3538/
Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums (including street racing). Linking to locations that deal with any such activity are also forbidden.

Yeah, there's a reason people don't want to street race you into the misdemeanor range. What really pisses me off is when one of you asshats loses control and kills an innocent driver/family with your bravado. Go ahead and kill yourself, but don't drag other unwilling people into it.
Asshats? Take a chill pill. And this is ironic coming from someone who has a 370Z. One of the most known cars for street racing and driving like an 'asshat'.

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Well today while getting home from class, there was this BMW 428 going fast as heck. At first I wasn't even remotely interesting in 'competing' with him cause...well its a BMW duh. But apparently he saw how fast I was going as well and was kinda motivated to pull his 428 hard. As it turns out, we were both going to the same interchange and while getting out the exit for the interchange..we pulled hard. And I mean HARD. I'm sure he was between 4000-5000rpm because I could tell by how his 428 sounded and I used that as a guide. When his RPM went out, I half-way floored my Touring (in D mode) and this would get it up to 5000-5500rpm. Went from 65 to 90 that fast and I was never more than a car's length behind the 428. I'm sure we passed the 100mph mark but I wasn't paying very much attention because I was focused on keeping the car stable. We were making a slight turn and the VSA (or TC) just consistently flared up and I was impressed by how the Touring handled. At 90mph to possibly 100mph and cornering, the car wasn't hard to keep in control. And I had LKAS turned off.

Was a fun exercise. And I'm sure the 428 was legitimately surprised that I could keep up with him as well as I did. So did I.
I'm not surprised you kept up with that 428 at all. It's got one of bmw's weakest motors, and the thing almost weighs 2 tons. The civic with a ecu flash would probably beat that same car. Entry level BMW's are overpriced and over rated. I have a M235 that i'm going to trade in for a Sport Hatch as soon as i can find one in the NW with a M/T. I think the civic will be just as much fun to drive. But, with more reliability, cheaper operating costs and much cheaper aftermarket parts (if they ever start making them). Owning a BMW isnt all it's cracked up to be. IMO

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not surprised you kept up with that 428 at all. It's got one of bmw's weakest motors, and the thing almost weighs 2 tons. The civic with a ecu flash would probably beat that same car. Entry level BMW's are overpriced and over rated. I have a M235 that i'm going to trade in for a Sport Hatch as soon as i can find one in the NW with a M/T. I think the civic will be just as much fun to drive. But, with more reliability, cheaper operating costs and much cheaper aftermarket parts (if they ever start making them). Owning a BMW isnt all it's cracked up to be. IMO

335i or 435i or bust. Never would get a base model.

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
335i or 435i or bust. Never would get a base model.
Like i say mav... i've got a M235. it's like a d-tuned M2 and its just not worth the $52k price tag i dont think. They make great looking cars inside and out. But at the end of the day. It always feel like i'm just paying for a badge.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like i say mav... i've got a M235. it's like a d-tuned M2 and its just not worth the $52k price tag i dont think. They make great looking cars inside and out. But at the end of the day. It always feel like i'm just paying for a badge.
Yeah i mean BMW is one of my favorite car companies simply because I love how they drive and sound. I had leased a 2011 335i and I was pretty upset to hand the keys back to BMW after that was over. 50/50 weight distribution and NO body roll in corners. Plus getting to hear that lovely twin turbo. But its just too expensive once the warranty runs out its just not worth it honestly.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Even though BMW is technically a 'performance' brand, they really lost their step though. Audi & AMG > BMW nowadays. And this is coming from someone who've always fancied BMWs.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even though BMW is technically a 'performance' brand, they really lost their step though. Audi & AMG > BMW nowadays. And this is coming from someone who've always fancied BMWs.
Well what I will say is they seem to think that nothing will ever be as good as the M3, and sadly those days are gone.

That being said, the M3 is still one of the best sports cars in existence IMO.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on which gen you're referring to. :(

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on which gen you're referring to. :(

One day man, I'm going to have an E30 M3, and then when BMW brings out the next gen M3 and goes back to a 4 cylinder like they are hinting at, I'll have grandaddy M3 and his great great grandson.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't exceed excessively unless I have a long stretch of highway and no cars in front of me. Otherwise, it's stupid to pass by a car going over 85-90. So not all of us are stupid morons with no regard to others on the road.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And you know what the best part is? We live in a country where we are (mostly) free to do what we please, thats the best part of this. Its when it impacts others safety then its a problem. I have zero issues with people exploring the limits of their cars responsibly.

OP
OP

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
what does posting up your top speed have to do with organizing a street race? this guy has a real short fuse.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He might have a good reason. Never know if somebody lost a loved one.
Sponsored