Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Specifications & Features, Press Kit, Pricing

silentsod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Anyone know why the Sport trims have less cargo space with seats up?
If I recall correctly the center exhaust piping is raising the floor in the trunk compared to the non-Sport trims which is what results in the lower volume.
Sponsored

OP
OP

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Anyone know why the Sport trims have less cargo space with seats up?
The spare tire well must not be as deep to make room for the center exhaust system, thus they raised the cargo space floor to still fit in the spare tire. Either that or the spare tire might actually be somewhere in the cargo space area above the floor.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the civic hatchback always have less cargo space than the fit?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The spare tire well must not be as deep to make room for the center exhaust system, thus they raised the cargo space floor to still fit in the spare tire. Either that or the spare tire might actually be somewhere in the cargo space area above the floor.
Should have gone with a dual exhaust. I hate when companies put styling first.

I'm willing to bet they'd have sold more manuals if it was available on the Sport Touring instead of on the Sport.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
This is what they did in the 1st gen Mitsubishi Eclipse with the models that had AWD. The front wheel drive had a flat rear floor vs this disastrous hump.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Specifications & Features, Press Kit, Pricing 5-10-07028

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
^Ain't no sane company gonna do that in 2016, the media backlash would be horrendous.

Chances are they'll give you a fix-a-flat kit, and no spare tire at all. That is the trend these days anyway, so they won't have as many people bitching as having to carry around a tire on top of their groceries.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This whole hatch is just weird. Such an odd mix. I'm glad I didn't wait for the hatch like I wanted to do originally. The Mazda3 hatch is more appealing IMO.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THE TAINTMOBILE 9000
UUUUGGHHH, I had my heart set on a sport with the 6 speed manual, but a 4 speaker audio system and no variable windshield wipers? Really Honda? I'm definitely buying a 2017 GTI sport now.

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Honda.."largest cargo carrying capacity in the competitive set."

Guess it's true for the LX/EX/EXL with seats up..not seats down. For the Sport and Sport Touring the Golf beats it both up and down.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The exhaust tune gives the extra 6hp. But agreed the sport should be EX + Sport extras.

Everyone is shocked about the lack of features on the sport trim? Why? It's literally an LX with extra power, bigger wheels and underbody spoilers. Other than those "sport" additions its still an LX trim level, hence why it slots below the EX trim and not above it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think what Honda is doing is basically marketing the Sport to the younger, tuner crowd. It's got basic entry level features with decent power, big wheels, exposed exhaust and a lip kit. I'm still shaking my head over the premium fuel recommended part.
Sponsored