Datalogs and diagnosing

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
To make a long story short, my fuel trims are super rich when building boost and either fine during cruising, or sometimes I get a lean reading on short term trims.

I installed a 27won w1 turbo, 27won inlet pipe, and a prl intercooler and charge pipe set all at the same time. I ended up cracking a bolt for a sensor on a charge pipe and was leaking boost through that sensor port, but I replaced it and it seems like Im still leaking boost somewhere. I'm running the ktuner basemap 18psi with dropdowns all at default. Derek told me that the car doesn't care what turbo is on the car since its a maf based car pre turbo, so if I understand what he said correctly, I shouldn't be missing boost targets or have any fuel trim issues. (If someone can explain that to me a bit better that would be great, since I do hit my targets, just a bit late which makes sense to me since the turbo will have more lag than the oem turbo and the map im running is just a basemap made for oe turbo, but my logic could be flawed)

I ran boost leak test after boost leak test to no avail. I even redid the install on the inlet pipe to reseat the gasket today thinking maybe I did it wrong and was leaking a slight bit of air through that gasket. I even retapped a hole for a screw that was slightly stripped but still holding the bolt on the evap section of the inlet thjinking some air was escaping there. I've tightened the hose clamps on every spot on the intercooler and charge pipes but my problem still persists.

Here's a datalog with some WOT pulls and general cruising. I'm replacing my spark plugs tomorrow to a slightly gapped down plug (si NGK plugs vs non si plugs) even though mine should be fine at 32k miles thinking maybe it's something as simple as gunked up plugs not being able to ignite fast enough and get the turbine where the ecu wants it to be fast enough.
Sponsored

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Can you clear something up? You're running a base map but isn't Derek doing a custom?

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you clear something up? You're running a base map but dealing with Derek? He's not doing a custom?
yes he is doing a custom dyno tune once my logs come back fine. I drove there with a tune date and all, but my car wasn't in tuning condition due to the cracked charge pipe, but I didn't cancel. I scheduled it before I even installed the parts since it's scheduled a couple weeks in advance. Totally my fault, but he did say to just use the ktuner base map both prior to my custom tune and when I left I double checked that it's ok to use the basemap and he said I don't need a map specific to the w1 at all.

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just to update: I got a new tune date, Derek checked those logs, said I’m good to go, and gave me a starter map this time for the w1. Fuel trims are looking way better on the basemap

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did the sparkplugs do it?
im pretty sure I had a micro leak at my inlet pipe that I couldn’t hear with a boost leak test, but leaked with hot air under load. The spark plugs definitely feel better though, i gapped them at .028 and would need them gapped for a high boost tune anyway. I can’t say for certain

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
im pretty sure I had a micro leak at my inlet pipe that I couldn’t hear with a boost leak test, but leaked with hot air under load. The spark plugs definitely feel better though, i gapped them at .028 and would need them gapped for a high boost tune anyway. I can’t say for certain
Gap to 0.023-0.026 for higher boosts. The lower you go the more you're knock count will drift up during idle, is what I've noticed and is normal. But it's not really anything to be concerned about unless your knock control rises.
Sponsored