Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
https://www.hptmotorsports.com/volk...pressed-graphite.html#ProductTabListVertical4

There's an 18x9.5 +22 offset variant, do you think this could work?i really want this wheel
Fender side these would fit exactly like 18x10.5 +35, so you'll want to run a 245/40 stretch or ever a 235/40 on the front. The rear will definitely require the 235/40 stretch, you'll need to run the rear camber kit and possible have to shave some of the fender tab. It'll require some work but it's possible to run these.
Sponsored

Ryden1315

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Fender side these would fit exactly like 18x10.5 +35, so you'll want to run a 245/40 stretch or ever a 235/40 on the front. The rear will definitely require the 235/40 stretch, you'll need to run the rear camber kit and possible have to shave some of the fender tab. It'll require some work but it's possible to run these.
So is that the same issue if I run a 18x9.5 +25 57transcend

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
Wow bummer, I'm not a fan of stretched tires. So I guess I'll have to run a different wheel unless rays makes a higher offset on this wheel. Sad day:cry:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I noticed from local folks YouTube videos of SEMA that it looks like Enkei may have been showing a deep offset version of the NT03RR on a white Type R. Hard to tell, though - the wheels could be just ET45's. Anyone have any info? @Kami Speed ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide Enkei1

Source video, go to 3:50

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
I may have to drive my car in the winter unfortunately. I live in NY so we usually get hit pretty good with snow. Any ideas on what I should do for snow tires?
Probably not the best place for this type of question but I answer it anyway :)

After lots of readings I decided to go with Pirelli SottoZero 3. Right now we have a BMW 3 series (because we hit a badger with our Kia Optima) and it came with these tyres. It feels very good, there's no big difference at all between these winter tyres and summer tyres.
Other very good winter tyres that I had (on a Saab 9-3 Aero) was Michelin X-ice Xi3. Superb in snow and on ice, not the best on dry asphalt (very soft rubber).

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed from local folks YouTube videos of SEMA that it looks like Enkei may have been showing a deep offset version of the NT03RR on a white Type R. Hard to tell, though - the wheels could be just ET45's. Anyone have any info? @Kami Speed ?
Enkei1.jpg

Source video, go to 3:50
Fitment is 18x9 +45 or 18x9.5 +45 - M Face Concave

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide enkei-ctr

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Fitment is 18x9 +45 or 18x9.5 +45 - M Face Concave
Thanks <sigh>. The annoying thing is Enkei already makes a similar wheel - the NT03 - in the close-to-perfect sizes: 18x9.5ET55 and 18x10ET60 - but in 5 x 130 instead of 5 x 120.

Not directed at you, but <rant>... that the aftermarket is (so far) only offering wheels that offer better looks and inferior performance. Nothing wrong with wanting better looks - if that's your jam then go for it, and ET35 wheels give a pretty awesome look on a Type R ... but geez, do manufacturers expect people wanting the Type R's suspension to work properly in emergencies and extreme/adverse conditions to stick with OE Honda, or go with custom wheels?</rant>

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
I saw sheepeybuilt had on 18x9.5+22 volks te37s with what looks to be a staggered setup including 265wide tires can anyone confirm?

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks <sigh>. The annoying thing is Enkei already makes a similar wheel - the NT03 - in the close-to-perfect sizes: 18x9.5ET55 and 18x10ET60 - but in 5 x 130 instead of 5 x 120.

Not directed at you, but <rant>... that the aftermarket is (so far) only offering wheels that offer better looks and inferior performance. Nothing wrong with wanting better looks - if that's your jam then go for it, and ET35 wheels give a pretty awesome look on a Type R ... but geez, do manufacturers expect people wanting the Type R's suspension to work properly in emergencies and extreme/adverse conditions to stick with OE Honda, or go with custom wheels?</rant>
Well the market is still running off wheels made for other cars. The best that is available are TE37 Saga 18x9 +50 or Advan RSII 18x9.5 +50

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I saw sheepeybuilt had on 18x9.5+22 volks te37s with what looks to be a staggered setup including 265wide tires can anyone confirm?
They did, but not 100% sure if they ran with that setup. The last I saw their car had Titan7 wheels

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Well the market is still running off wheels made for other cars. The best that is available are TE37 Saga 18x9 +50 or Advan RSII 18x9.5 +50
True, don't mind me, I'm just being impatient. When the BRZ/FR-S/86 came out, the aftermarket was ready, and I thought that the same would be true for the Type R launch. However, I recently learned that the aftermarket was ready because Toyo-baru got all the information out to vendors well before the car came out. It seems in the Type R's case that Honda wasn't working with anyone in advance except Modulo; h*ll, it is November now and I think Americans can still only get the factory CF accessories via the UK or Japan ... thank gawd for amazon.jp

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag

I relate to this. I've been drooling over the nt03rr ever since they teased pics of the wheel. I had nt03+Ms on my dc5 and I loved them. After seeing the RRs on that champ white FK8 I'm really disappointed.

I'd really like to have a nice set of wheels ready for when I take delivery of the car in December but there's no middle ground. It's either 3k for the baller stuff or not so nice stuff for 1k give or take. Imo

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
I've been looking in to this online but I think this would be a good place to ask. Does anyone know if a 5x120.7 wheel would work on the Type R? Ive seen a few people say yes and so far no one has said no.
Sponsored