FK_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR 187
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
**UPDATE** 5-18-18
See last page with current pic of my CTR & Eibach drop experience with my VMR setup.

12-10-17
Took the CTR to Buttonwillow yesterday for my first ever track experience. I originally wanted to use the OEM wheel setup for the track but i thought about messaging VMR regarding reliability of the V701s & if it will handle Track duty, along with the powdercoat.
In short.. I got home safe & my car & i in one piece & I am even happier with this purchase knowing that it handles the Track just fine.
The 275/35/18 Michelin PSS was just an excellent setup to go along with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen VMR Wheels V701 18" Review CTR7bPost
Honda Civic 10th gen VMR Wheels V701 18" Review CTR5post2
* Like it wasn’t hard enough to find the best deal on a Honda Civic Type R in California because of ADM, the next hardest thing to find after I acquired mine – you guessed it, aftermarket wheels :hmm: I knew from the start though that I wasn’t willing to spend TE, ZE or CE money. I really wanted the Modulo set from the CTR model in Japan, but after learning the price & availability, I raised the white flag. It’s really not a matter of “If you can afford it”, with 2 toddlers and a mortgage, PRIORITIES is King in my situation. Anyway, I learned a lot from weeks of scouring Tire Rack & information from CivicX & the FB groups :coffee: I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a set from Tire Rack but something wasn’t clicking right and setup was gonna be too aggressive with the offset they offered.

I stumbled upon @youCTR review of V801s on this forum. VMR is familiar to me because I’ve had my share of Euro cars before, but never really bought any aftermarket rims. I immediately knew I wanted the 10-spoke wheel they offered, I emailed them & they scheduled me to come in for fitting. Brandon was my sales guy, but everybody in the office was very down to earth with excellent customer service. They wanted to make sure the 18s will clear the Brembo, and it did. They also recommended the best tire spec after I told them that I (originally) was planning to keep stock height. I was initially set on Bronze Burst, had Titan Bronze as second choice but when I saw them in the showroom, they were a lil too glossy for my taste. Frozen Bronze is their “new” color release, but haven’t done it on the 701s nor do they have a sample of the color in the warehouse. Looking at their Flickr page & trusting their expert advice, I went with it. The Bronze kinda "changes" in the shade & when light is reflected on it, as you'll see on the pics below.

I was gonna go with them for tires but they can’t offer the tire warranty I was looking for – they were cool about it though & even offered alternatives. I ended up going with my local Costco for Michelin PSS for the BEST warranty & service.

4 weeks later (powdercoat turnaround time)… Here it is. I was scared the 18s were gonna look too small, but seeing it now, 18s are perfect on these 701s for the CTR. What do you think?

Thank you for bearing with my review. Pardon the dirty tire/wheel pics, this was right after install. Overall, I am VERY HAPPY with the wheels, how it’s sitting, the not so aggressive offset, the color, the ride … Everything, including how it didn’t break the bank. :love:

BTW, part of my research did show that VMR Wheels exceed the strength requirements by JWL/VIA/TUV … just an FYi knowing there will be people who will be asking.
Honda Civic 10th gen VMR Wheels V701 18" Review CTR5post2
View attachment 70921

Specs:
VMR V701 18x9.5 +45 wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/35/18 with black Gorilla Automotive 14mm x 1.5 Wheel Lock

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I love it - it's gorgeous.

How have the 18's changed your ride, noise and handling? I am sure the ride and noise improved, but how about the handling?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the wheels and the whole setup?

Nice job.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
* Like it wasn’t hard enough to find the best deal on a CTR in California because of ADM, the next hardest thing to find after I acquired mine – you guessed it, aftermarket wheels :hmm: I knew from the start though that I wasn’t willing to spend TE, ZE or CE money. I really wanted the Modulo set from the CTR model in Japan, but after learning the price & availability, I raised the white flag. It’s really not a matter of “If you can afford it”, with 2 toddlers and a mortgage, PRIORITIES is King in my situation. Anyway, I learned a lot from weeks of scouring Tire Rack & information from CivicX & the FB groups :coffee: I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a set from Tire Rack but something wasn’t clicking right and setup was gonna be too aggressive with the offset they offered.

I stumbled upon @youCTR review of V801s on this forum. VMR is familiar to me because I’ve had my share of Euro cars before, but never really bought any aftermarket rims. I immediately knew I wanted the 10-spoke wheel they offered, I emailed them & they scheduled me to come in for fitting. Brandon was my sales guy, but everybody in the office was very down to earth with excellent customer service. They wanted to make sure the 18s will clear the Brembo, and it did. They also recommended the best tire spec after I told them that I (originally) was planning to keep stock height. I was initially set on Bronze Burst, had Titan Bronze as second choice but when I saw them in the showroom, they were a lil too glossy for my taste. Frozen Bronze is their “new” color release, but haven’t done it on the 701s nor do they have a sample of the color on the warehouse. Looking at their Flickr page & trusting their expert advice, I went with it. The Bronze kinda "changes" in the shade & when light is reflected on it, as you'll see on the pics below.

I was gonna go with them for tires but they can’t offer the tire warranty I was looking for – they were cool about it though & even offered alternatives. I ended up going with my local Costco for Michelin PS4 for the BEST warranty & service.

4 weeks later (powdercoat turnaround time)… Here it is. I was scared the 18s were gonna look too small, but seeing it now, 18s are perfect on these 701s for the CTR. What do you think?

Thank you for bearing with my review. Pardon the dirty tire/wheel pics, this was right after install. Overall, I am VERY HAPPY with the wheels, how it’s sitting, the not so aggressive offset, the color, the ride … Everything, including how it didn’t break the bank. :love:

BTW, part of my research did show that VMR Wheels exceed the strength requirements by JWL/VIA/TUV … just an FYi knowing there will be people who will be asking.
CTR5post2.jpg
View attachment 70921

Specs:
VMR V701 18x9.5 +45 wrapped in Michelin PS4 275/35/18 with black Gorilla Automotive 14mm x 1.5 Wheel Lock
Nice, can I ask how heavy with and without tire?

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Nice! Love how the R can take some pretty wide tires! I was thinking about putting some 265 on my stock rims since I do like the stock rims already.

OP
OP
FK_8

FK_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR 187
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love it - it's gorgeous.

How have the 18's changed your ride, noise and handling? I am sure the ride and noise improved, but how about the handling?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the wheels and the whole setup?

Nice job.
Thank You.

I've only had a few miles on it since install, one thing i immediately noticed is how "planted" i am to the ground, the grip is definitely better. Other than that, no noticeable changes in handling & other areas so far.. oh, turning radius is less & definitely no rubbing. I intend to do a follow up after some time, its not a DD car for me.
Pricing is surprisingly very competitive, you wont be disappointed.. only thing that will be a variable is the set of tires you put on em. Give them a call, one of the Best customer service i've seen!

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Could you give us the specs on the wheels and tires? Like with the wheels, what'd you go for width and offset and what width and aspect ratio on the tires?

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you give us the specs on the wheels and tires? Like with the wheels, what'd you go for width and offset and what width and aspect ratio on the tires?
It's at the bottom of his post:
Specs: VMR V701 18x9.5 +45 wrapped in Michelin PS4 275/35/18 with black Gorilla Automotive 14mm x 1.5 Wheel Lock

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
It's at the bottom of his post:
Specs: VMR V701 18x9.5 +45 wrapped in Michelin PS4 275/35/18 with black Gorilla Automotive 14mm x 1.5 Wheel Lock
Ah, thanks. I glossed over that thinking it was his signature lol

JJ's Type R

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Acura TSX SE
Country flag
What an awesome setup. Bronze wheels and Championship White paint are a great combo.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
wheel look great , did you have to use any hub centric rings?
Sponsored