Af Dynamic Intake review......

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
I don't have the SRI version of this intake, I have the CAI version. But I do have datalogs of IAT differences between stock airbox and resonator with the CAI version.

I saw little difference if any in IAT's. The AF dymanic cold air intake sat at a steady average of IAT's at 13 degrees above ambient over a few days with varied weather. I'm assuming because of the metal piping.
The stock intake sat steady with average IAT's of 10 above ambient.

I will try running the AF dynamic in short ram configuration and gather logging with that config as well. I can guess we will probably see heatsoak with the short-ram though.
But my purpose for installing my intake was purely for sound. I wanted to hear the BPV dumping.
I could care less about performance gains if any because this is a turbocharged platform not a N/A.

But I also didn't want decreased performance, just an intake that does about the same IAT's as the stock airbox. The CAI setup gives me IAT's of about the same and gives me the sound I was looking for. I'm satisfied until an intake I really want is released.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have the SRI version of this intake, I have the CAI version. But I do have datalogs of IAT differences between stock airbox and resonator with the CAI version.

I saw little difference if any in IAT's. The AF dymanic cold air intake sat at a steady average of IAT's at 13 degrees above ambient over a few days with varied weather. I'm assuming because of the metal piping.
The stock intake sat steady with average IAT's of 10 above ambient.

I will try running the AF dynamic in short ram configuration and gather logging with that config as well. I can guess we will probably see heatsoak with the short-ram though.
But my purpose for installing my intake was purely for sound. I wanted to hear the BPV dumping.
I could care less about performance gains if any because this is a turbocharged platform not a N/A.

But I also didn't want decreased performance, just an intake that does about the same IAT's as the stock airbox. The CAI setup gives me IAT's of about the same and gives me the sound I was looking for. I'm satisfied until an intake I really want is released.
I didnt buy mine for performance either, but for sound, but its still affecting performance. so whens its 105 in KC then seeing 120 IATs is what to expect, did you have your car in the KC hot summer last year? Im not really sure what @Design is arguing here. When its hot, the stuff is going to soak. With IATs in the 120s the ECU is going to retard ignition and cut power, it just will. If you are thrown off by the 160, fine ignore it, but its still going to be 120-130
Here is a shot on Aug 24, and the outside temp data same time
Honda Civic 10th gen Af Dynamic Intake review...... upload_2018-2-7_12-55-45
Honda Civic 10th gen Af Dynamic Intake review...... upload_2018-2-7_12-56-0

Or Sept 1 at 11 at night
Honda Civic 10th gen Af Dynamic Intake review...... upload_2018-2-7_12-56-59
Honda Civic 10th gen Af Dynamic Intake review...... upload_2018-2-7_12-57-8

OP
OP
hfpdohc

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think your tune doesnt help to make that much heat under there...im stock and trust me everything is just fine ;)
nice turbo sound and nice buildup boost and WOT here the kick inn thats what i like about everything is just perfect! that 100 degree we see that maybe 1-2 time a year........you never been in the atlantic down canada....lol

OP
OP
hfpdohc

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didnt buy mine for performance either, but for sound, but its still affecting performance. so whens its 105 in KC then seeing 120 IATs is what to expect, did you have your car in the KC hot summer last year? Im not really sure what @Design is arguing here. When its hot, the stuff is going to soak. With IATs in the 120s the ECU is going to retard ignition and cut power, it just will. If you are thrown off by the 160, fine ignore it, but its still going to be 120-130
upload_2018-2-7_12-55-45.png
upload_2018-2-7_12-56-0.png

Or Sept 1 at 11 at night
upload_2018-2-7_12-56-59.png
upload_2018-2-7_12-57-8.png

it was -24 farenheit this morning now its wondefull at O............lol
i undersatand big time that t living a place that is hot like that does to the car...wow...
wish i could check that stuff too!!!!!
:)

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
upload_2018-2-7_12-55-45.png
upload_2018-2-7_12-56-0.png

Or Sept 1 at 11 at night
upload_2018-2-7_12-56-59.png
upload_2018-2-7_12-57-8.png
No I didn’t have the car in the KC summer last year. But again I have the cold air version of the af dynamic (filter in the wheel well) not the short ram mentioned in this thread. I haven’t tested the short ram configuration yet. I will test this summer when I see higher temps. But like I said, people with the short ram setup without a doubt will probably see heat soak.

I’ve never seen 105 degree days in KC though so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. :rolleyes:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No I didn’t have the car in the KC summer last year. But again I have the cold air version of the af dynamic (filter in the wheel well) not the short ram mentioned in this thread. I haven’t tested the short ram configuration yet. I will test this summer when I see higher temps. But like I said, people with the short ram setup without a doubt will probably see heat soak.

I’ve never seen 105 degree days in KC though so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. :rolleyes:
On itll be over 100 in kc this summer or at least feel like it lol. I from there, used to live there and my mom still does in Overland Park. Ill be up this summer to visit

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On itll be over 100 in kc this summer or at least feel like it lol. I from there, used to live there and my mom still does in Overland Park. Ill be up this summer to visit
Lol I look forward to it. I love the heat. Bring it on :headbang:

harrytos23

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello Guys, I just want to know the part number or how do you call the rubber screw with the thread top and bottom in the AF Dynamic Intake? The circular ones that you'll attach to the engine mount and to thw i take that will hold it up. Mine was broke that's why because I over tighten it and it qas deform due to heat. Thanks.
Sponsored