What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In Arizona I'm sure there are a lot more tint shops than there are in less sunny locales. so pricing would tend to be more competitive. But even with that being said, can you really get top tier manufacturer ceramic tint for $150 or less?
Yeah if you know the right people, the cost of tint is so cheap and tinter's mark it up stupid amounts to make a lot of money off people. I've got semi ceramic tint for $100 on a sedan and ceramic tint for $150 on a sedan. The cost to tint a full car is about $50 to $80 and places are charging $200, $300, even $400 that's just stupid. I've even seen dealerships charging $700 - $800 for a tint package talk about rip off.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did a test fit on the Morimoto HID kit and the wires didn't reach where I needed them to under the hood so it's time to take the bumper off and hide most of it where it will fit better and be out of the way. Also need to adjust my right side fog and put some zip ties in the top clips of the new grille at the same time, so 3 birds with one stone.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

TophersSI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Vehicle Showcase
Added about 20 hp :headbang::drive:

84BEC087-B647-4D8F-A5ED-7BA75A3C1CEA.jpeg
I put them on mine within a week of purchasing my Si. Personally think they should have come standard on the car, but then there are a lot of ppl who don't like them. To each their own. Looks good!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
9E67DD4D-8095-4786-84E5-A5172808CD02.jpeg
ABDB0B2D-3C77-45AE-9EC8-D079EF048DD1.jpeg
3F7E1E13-72B8-4FB2-95BA-A9F164CBC26F.jpeg
Washed my touring with Optimum no rinse wash and shine. So much quicker for me than the two bucket way
Nice, Go Sporting KC!

jillian85!

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Does anybody know if the type r hood fits the si? Or if there's a similar one. I have a 17 Civic si sedan.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
So... attempted to install that honeycomb grill you see on ebay, failed, clips across the top don't line up. PS, lots of things to take apart if you plan to.

But since the bumper was off, we took the time to install a new horn inline with the factory baby horn http://amzn.to/2xKkIZP

I also received my OPT7 fluxbeam x low beams and have to say... not much better than me Auxbeam LEDs

OPT7 fluxbeam x 110$

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) opt7

Auxbeam 30$
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) auxtrue

In addition to being roughly the same but with a 70 price difference, the auxbeam has a subtle blue hue unlike the opt7. I've tried numerous brands on amazon including zdatt, yitamotor, autofeel, yumseen, all crap compared to either of these two.

link for auxbeam http://amzn.to/2gqEQgJ

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So... attempted to install that honeycomb grill you see on ebay, failed, clips across the top don't line up. PS, lots of things to take apart if you plan to.

But since the bumper was off, we took the time to install a new horn inline with the factory baby horn http://amzn.to/2xKkIZP

I also received my OPT7 fluxbeam x low beams and have to say... not much better than me Auxbeam LEDs

OPT7 fluxbeam x 110$

opt7.jpg

Auxbeam 30$
auxtrue.jpg

In addition to being roughly the same but with a 70 price difference, the auxbeam has a subtle blue hue unlike the opt7. I've tried numerous brands on amazon including zdatt, yitamotor, autofeel, yumseen, all crap compared to either of these two.

link for auxbeam http://amzn.to/2gqEQgJ
how did you find the auxbeams in the rain? i bought sylvania halogens but they honestly still seem so dim to me during the night.. and when it rains its barely noticeable that my lights are on.. curious how LED's are cause at 30USD(would be more here in Canada) cant really go wrong. but hearing how they arent good in rain and snow makes me stay away, since we get lots of snow up here lol

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
how did you find the auxbeams in the rain? i bought sylvania halogens but they honestly still seem so dim to me during the night.. and when it rains its barely noticeable that my lights are on.. curious how LED's are cause at 30USD(would be more here in Canada) cant really go wrong. but hearing how they arent good in rain and snow makes me stay away, since we get lots of snow up here lol
they do ok, like any other led they aren't perfect, if you have it like up there id just get some 55w HIDs for a real sharp look. I've had kensuns off amazon before and their customer service is outstanding. I just dont want to deal with warm up on HIDs so im fighting the urge to switch http://amzn.to/2ysJPDM

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Replaced the Morimoto 2 stroke LEDs with the Morimoto 35w HIDs. PITA to get the wiring set up the way I wanted but I got it all set out finally. Here's comparison.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20171014_212621_resized_1
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20171016_204756_resized

You can see that the LEDs are brighter up close but fall off quickly. The HIDs have better throw and consistency.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Replaced the Morimoto 2 stroke LEDs with the Morimoto 35w HIDs. PITA to get the wiring set up the way I wanted but I got it all set out finally. Here's comparison.

20171014_212621_resized_1.jpg
20171016_204756_resized.jpg

You can see that the LEDs are brighter up close but fall off quickly. The HIDs have better throw and consistency.

This is why I'm thinking about switching, I just hate warm up
Sponsored