Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I'm considering grabbing a MAPerformance exhaust with the black Friday sale. Right now I have a resonator delete and it seems a little on the tame side. Still have factory down/front pipe and don't plan on changing them. Is the race exhaust doable for a daily driver? Is the drone bad/worse than a res delete? I've heard a muffler delete in person and feel like that would be similar. But if it's going to be grating on me during my (mostly highway) commute, I'd go with the street exhaust.
Sponsored

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I ordered the Street last night. I'm hoping it will be right in between too quiet and too loud :yes:

Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Race exhaust is perfect for daily driving. I’m coming from a muffler delete and it’s actually probably a little quieter than before. It is however a lot cleaner of a sound, less raspy. Very little drone at certain rpms but even then it’s still less drone than a muffler delete on the stock exhaust. I Get some nice pops and crackles here and there. TBH I think the street exhaust will be too quiet, the race exhaust is already on the quieter side. I guess I just like loud exhausts lol

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Race exhaust is perfect for daily driving. I’m coming from a muffler delete and it’s actually probably a little quieter than before. It is however a lot cleaner of a sound, less raspy. Very little drone at certain rpms but even then it’s still less drone than a muffler delete on the stock exhaust. I Get some nice pops and crackles here and there. TBH I think the street exhaust will be too quiet, the race exhaust is already on the quieter side. I guess I just like loud exhausts lol
What may sound perfect to you will be too quiet for some and too loud for others. Sound is a very subjective topic. Even MAPerformance will tell you that. After reading everyone's reviews in the 73 page group buy thread for all 3 versions of this exhaust (Stealth, Street, Race) and watching all of the YouTube videos, the Street sounded the best to me but I'll reserve my final judgement after I install it next week. Glad to hear you are happy with it though. I've never owned anything from MAPerformance but from what I can tell, they make some quality stuff!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the street exhaust with a catless downpipe and got rid of it because it was too loud for my tastes. I can't imagine many would find the street exhaust too quiet unless they are just wanting to go all out.

OP
OP
Driver56

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Just in case anyone was wondering, wound up going with the Street version. It sounds fantastic, not too loud in my opinion. I do feel like the race exhaust would have been just a bit much, but I've got two kids and live in a HOA neighborhood so I'm probably too old for it. Install was not too bad, but if I had to do it over I'd buy those specialty pliers for the rubber hangers.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just in case anyone was wondering, wound up going with the Street version. It sounds fantastic, not too loud in my opinion. I do feel like the race exhaust would have been just a bit much, but I've got two kids and live in a HOA neighborhood so I'm probably too old for it. Install was not too bad, but if I had to do it over I'd buy those specialty pliers for the rubber hangers.
Great to hear! I installed mine last Thursday and have been very happy with it. I've put close to 200 miles on it and the tone has gotten slightly deeper as well. Just like you said, fantastic sound without being too loud. I do want to mess with the adjustment just a tad bit more though. It's a few millimeters to the left and while no one would ever notice it, my OCD is getting the best of me everytime I look at it. Definitely happy I went with the Street though. If I want to piss off the neighbors, I hop in my vette and set the exhaust mode to Track :D

Bail

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Also bought the street exhaust on the black Friday sale. Will be getting installed at the end of the week or the beginning of next. Still have the stock FP/DP and will for a while. I am a truck driver so I'm not worried about it being loud or drone I'm used to a loud vehicle. Will post my thoughts afterwards.

OP
OP
Driver56

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Also bought the street exhaust on the black Friday sale. Will be getting installed at the end of the week or the beginning of next. Still have the stock FP/DP and will for a while. I am a truck driver so I'm not worried about it being loud or drone I'm used to a loud vehicle. Will post my thoughts afterwards.
Personally,I think changing the DP/fp gives it a very harsh, raspy tone. The street exhaust has been loud enough without any drone on the highway.

Bail

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Got it installed today and I am very impressed. It gives me the nice deeper sound I wanted and on the highway it sounds just as it did before, 10/10 recommend
Sponsored